*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2198066-College-Chat-Room
Rated: 18+ · Script/Play · Contest Entry · #2198066
Ritualistic game of cat and mouse, and college students?

Chat rOOM

Courtney Winters walks back to his computer with a cup of coffee in his hand, sitting taking a sip.

Courtney

Good Morning is there anyone in cyber land. I normally talk to my friend on here, but I can't seem to get in contact with her.

Courtney waits for a moment, and then she notices a reply.

Paul

Hey, I can talk to you until you get in contact with your friend. So, what made you decide to go to Axia College?

CoURTNEY

I wanted to start school, but I can't take a professor lecturing for hours on end.

PAUL

I totally understand. That's one of the reasons I came here also. The fact that you can come here, take most of your classes online, and still have the college experience is so cool to me.

Courtney smiles at the computer.

COURTNEY

Well, I am a little old for the college experience, but I said why come to the school and not experience what I missed out on in my early twenties.

PaUL

How old are you?

COURTNEY

I just turned 32 a week and a half ago. Why do you ask?

Paul

Looking at you. I can't tell that you are a day past 21.

Courtney turns and looks around the room. He stands up and walks toward the door and places the lock on. He looks outside but doesn't see anything.

{Camera pans towards the side of the courtyard where he didn't look, there standing in a large winter coat is a tall dark figure.}



CoURTNEY

What do you mean from what you can see? This isn't the first time that I have been on here. Normally I am on here chatting with my friend Alexis.

PauL

I know, but Alexis is otherwise occupied at this time.

COURTNEY

What do you mean?

PAUL

I sliced Alexis from her belly button to her throat. She is leaking here on the floor.

Courtney runs to his phone and dials Alexis's phone it rings twice and goes to voice-mail. Courtney slowly walks back to his computer.

Paul (CONT'D)

I told you Alexis was dead. Why didn't you just believe me?

CoURTNEY

What do you mean? Alexis is one of the nicest people. I am logging off and calling the police.

Paul

Don't you hang up or I am going to kill you too.

Courtney logs off the computer and turns on the lights in his studio apartment. He looks back out the window and see's nothing.

COURTNEY

Courtney, stop it. He was just messing around with you.

Courtney picks up his phone and car keys and walks toward the front door. As he unlocks the door, he looks through the peep hole. He can vaguely make out a figure standing in the distance. The lights in the hallway flicker off, and the figure is gone.

CoURTNEY (CONT'D)

You are scaring yourself.

As Courtney unlocks the second latch, he looks out of the peep hole once again and the figure is standing directly in front of his door. Courtney pushes the door locking it back as he hits the floor.

{Camera pans to Courtney who is on the floor with tears in his eyes.}

{His cell phone begins to ring}

COURTNEY (CONT'D)

Hello?

Paul

I TOLD YOU NOT TO HANG UP YOU STUPID BITCH. NOW I AM GOING TO TAKE PLEASURE IN SLIDING MY KNIFE UNDER YOUR RIB CAGE.

COURTNEY

Who is this? Who are you? I am going to call the police.

PAUL

Call, they won't make it to you in time. Its winter break and no one is here. Just you and the security guard.

Courtney hangs up the phone and dials 911.

911 Operator

911, my name is Paul how can I kill you.

Courtney drops the phone cracking the screen as he hears a male voice laughing. Courtney turns and looks at his window. There standing on his fire escape is the figure. He unlocks his door and runs out of the room and down the hallway.

CoURTNEY

Somebody help me?

PAUL

THERE IS NO ONE HERE. JUST YOU AND US.

COURTNEY

WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?

PAUL

We don't need anything. I just like killing people. You just happen to be my unlucky victim.

Courtney continues running, he stops before he gets to the door. Courtney feels a piercing reverberating through side and back, he reaches around, and looks at his hand. His hand is covered in blood. He continues through the door.

PAUL (CONT'D)

I love a chase.

As Courtney makes his way across the snowy courtyard, he notices the guardhouse.

CouRTNEY

Heeeeelp Meeee.

As Courtney gets within feet of the shack another figure walks from behind a large tree.

COURTNEY (CONT'D)

Noooo please don't do this to me.

PauL

Noooo please don't do this to me. FUCK YOU.

The figure picks up the wounded Courtney and places his back upon the tree.

Paul #2

Stick it in him baby brother.

CouRTNEY

Please don't. I...

PauL

Hush, and just wait for your death.

Paul #2 places his hand over Courtney's mouth as he holds him up with his muscular forearm sliding the blade underneath his rib. Courtney spits up blood, and slides to the ground crying out.

{The Camera pans out on the two Paul's as they walk away hand in hand. Then to the empty open guard shack where a radio is on.}

Radio

There have been over a dozen unexplained deaths in the region over the past two weeks. The police are on the trail of two individuals. The Orson twins who escaped a mental institution located in the mountains. The twins killed their best friends in a college hoax gone wrong, turned ritualistic murder fest. From that day forward they vowed to kill other college students in the same manner. If you see suspicious activity report it.

{Camera pans out on the bloody scene as the brothers walk vanishing into the woods.}

FADE TO BLACK.




© Copyright 2019 Vick Rolling 🏳️‍🌈 (vick04041986 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2198066-College-Chat-Room