*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2198135-Every-suns-a-star
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Sci-fi · #2198135
Not just for sic-fi nerds like me, but anyone who's looking at a new start.
         “So we’re standing in space and she goes 'it's waiting for you.' I didn't know what she meant until she pointed. Immediately, a planet just appeared out of nowhere. I turn to her, she nods, and I get it. I understand. But before I start moving, I wake up."

         Telran's friend stared at him with a look of bewilderment.

         "I know: weird. When I woke up, though, I felt...i don't know, determined?"

         "No I get it, really. You found your new calling in a dream," his friend said with a smirk.

         “I’m serious,” Telran laughed.

         They were sitting on the balcony of the two story bar, drinking the night away in the lights of the setting suns. They were surrounded by a deep violet sky with rays of gold blazing through it. The most beautiful aspect to their world.

         “So what are you going to do about this new found purpose? It’s going to be hard to fulfill as an aquatic engineer.”

         “You’re right,” he said. He glanced back to see the sunsets coming to an end, both stars dropping below the horizon as the light show fizzled out. “I’m not saying I’m joining the SpaceSecs or anything. I’m just… it was an incredible dream.”

         They sat there in silence.

         “Why don’t you?” his friend finally asked.

         “What? Join SpaceSecs?” Telran asked dismissively.

         “Exactly,” he said as he gazed up towards the night sky. It was filled with millions of stars, igniting the darkness with a cold wonder and excitement.

         “I can’t; we have a new project next week. Besides, I’m 32 rotes old and I’d need six more to join the corps. It’s too late,” he said.

         “Excuses. You want to explore space or not?”

         More silence.

         “Do you want to explore space-”

         “Yes! God yes.”

         "Then go."
© Copyright 2019 Mars Manuel (marsmanuel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2198135-Every-suns-a-star