*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2198149-I-open-my-eyes
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Dubyts
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Emotional · #2198149
A set of scenes created by the speaker
I open my eyes.
The colour brown fills my mind, a hint of yellow, a flash of orange. The dark mahogany floorboards expand from my feet. They race across the ground towards the warm concrete of the fireplace. The soothing colours dance in my eyes as I gaze into the fiery depths of the flame. My eyes wander around the room and settle on the frosty window that leads to the outside world. I see that I am encircled by colossal white pine trees that seem to barricade my existence from the rest of the world. A feeling of safety, relaxation and secrecy fills me as the trees stand idly on guard of my soul. From the soft snowy ground around me, four walls are constructed of the same pine that surrounds me. Log on top of log on top of log, the walls reach up into the sky to meet a roof that seems to descend from the heavens. Relaxed, I am met with an intoxicating aroma; pine, oak, cedar, and maple all rush into my nose, rejuvenating me with the soft embrace of the secretive world.
I close my eyes…

I open my eyes.
I am encased in the bitter snow of the arctic wilderness. My eyes are free to explore the endless night sky. Billions of microscopic lights begin to wink at me from above. I reach out my hand towards the pygmy city of lights. My hand grasps the piercing cold, intricate, tiny snowflakes as they flutter through the sky. I break free of the frozen ground and sit up to look around me. I am alone in an icy field with only the light of the moon to see by. In the distance, the colossal silhouettes of hundreds of mountains rise up into the atmosphere. All of a sudden, the sky explodes. The obsidian black celestial plane is shattered by the intense glow of jade, teal, and aquamarine. I'm delighted as the colours begin to dance, like magical spirits celebrating life. I smile, and the spirits seem to smile back, twirling around in the endless night.
I close my eyes…

I open my eyes.
The eruption of water rumbling over rocks and into the pool below fills my ears. I peer into the emerald water and find my smiling face looking back at me. I sit back and my eyes explore the canopy of lush tropical trees above me. The sunlight tries desperately to break through the barrier above, longing to show me into the depths of the forest. As I stare into the dark abyss, my eyes are met with a pair of golden yellow gems looking straight at me. A panther emerges from the maze and stalks out into the grassy oasis with me. Its long black body stalks over to the elixir of water and it lowers its head to drink. My brain tells me to breathe, as I had forgotten to do so. I take a deep breath. My nose thanks me as it is greeted with the fragrance of sweet honey and fresh rain. A gust of wind shakes the trees and moves like a wave through the forest. A delicate mist is picked up from the liquid behind me and I am refreshed with the droplets of water. I look back at the majestic beast that I am sharing paradise with. The inky black tail swishes back and forth before disappearing into the shadows of the forest.
I close my eyes…

I open my eyes.
The crash of a wave startles me. The wave returns to its home in the ocean as my toes are tantalized with billions of grains of sand. My entire body relaxes as my hands tunnel their way through the earth that surrounds me. I look up. My eyes widen as I try to capture everything that I see. An intense yellow sun lounges on the horizon as it transforms the sky. A beautiful orange aura surrounds the sun and fades into a deep red. The entire sky washes over with a beautiful maroon. A second wave cleanses my body. The golden clouds drift across the sky as the sun departs my sight. I turn away from the picture perfect scene to watch the palm-lined forest shiver with the frail wind. The smell of fresh fruits captures my mind and I start to get up. My vision fades into a blinding white light and a mechanical hum softly fills my ears.
I close my eyes…

I open my eyes.
I am on top of the world. My legs dangle over the edge of a stony cliff as my eyes explore the horizon. The snow-capped mountains around me seem to shrink towards the ground as a community of fluffy white clouds move into the sky around me. My face is caressed by the misty embrace of the clouds as I reach out my hand. The pristine white puffs depart and I look down at the incredible expanse of the whole world. I see forests and oceans, cities and towns. My eyes seem to take off from the top of the mountain and fly away. I am gliding over rivers, floating across oceans, soaring above cities. All the beauty and space in the entire world is waiting for my body to catch up. My eyes slow down as they climb back up the mountain to rejoin my body. I look at myself. I am happy, my mind full and my heart completely content. At the top of the world…
I close my eyes…

I open my eyes.
My mind is clouded with thoughts as I look up at a bland, ugly ceiling. Beep. I look around me and find a dirty window that displays a small park only nine stories below me. Beep. My hand is captured by another hand. My mother strokes my arm as my hand gets squeezed by its captor. Beep. A single tear plops down onto my head. The lone tear makes its way from beep the top of my shiny head to the rounded bottom before Beep splashing into my lap. Beep. Warm lips meet my cheek and the soft sob of my mother Beep fades away as I am left in a long dark tunnel. Beeeeeep.

I close my eyes…

I close my eyes….
© Copyright 2019 Dubyts (dubyvo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2198149-I-open-my-eyes