*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2198521-Im-not-yolking
Rated: E · Fiction · Experience · #2198521
A tale of poor customer service.
Entry for "The Writer's Cramp
2019 August 19
306 words



Ed and Brandy and their friend Florence were feeling a little under the weather after the big birthday bash for Ed the previous night. None wanted to cook breakfast, so Florence said she’d take them out — one last birthday present for Ed before she headed back to the city.

They went to Yolks and Bacon, the local all-day breakfast diner, where the food was good and the prices were always reasonable. Ed and Brandy and their friends frequented the restaurant at least once a month.

Misty, a server they hadn't seen before, met them at the door and settled them into a booth near the back corner.

They each ordered their favorite. Florence ordered her usual two eggs over easy, toast, hash browns, and crispy bacon. She brought them coffee while they waited for the cook to fulfill their order. The server was a lovely young girl, discussing the weather, and joking about Ed having his t-shirt inside out. Ed went to the washroom to fix his shirt, and the server disappeared to the other side of the restaurant.

Brandy decided she wanted a glass of orange juice and tried to flag Misty down. She glanced in their direction several times but ignored their plea for service.

Many people came in after them and for some unknown reason got their meals before them. Another server refilled their coffee mugs and still they waited to get their breakfast.

When they’d just about decided to leave, their food arrived.

Ed and Brandy’s meals were exactly as expected, but Florence’s eggs were a masses of egg white slithering around under-cooked yolks.

When the server came back to check on them, Florence nicely told her the eggs were not cooked the way she liked them.

As she turned to walk away, Misty said only “Don’t you hate when that happens?”

***
© Copyright 2019 Jaelynn (jaelochwood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2198521-Im-not-yolking