*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2198860-Heartful-song
by Riley
Rated: E · Novel · Dark · #2198860
The first book I have completed, I was young when I wrote this, better quality coming soon
 
It was her song. It had been years since her mother had hummed it to her on a deep winters night. But when she died the song became a song of sorrow. A fallen angel loved by no one but her passing mum. Her mother's voice was soothing but now a distant shout in the back of her head. She had never been the same after the loss. Darkness in her heart. She became sad and lonely, no one to talk to but the spirits that haunted her. Her name was Alice. Alice's cry of help was heard by only the passing wind.

The howls of pain were constant. She cried tears of blood and was a shadow to the outside world, her pain meant nothing to the other townsfolk. The corruption in her heart grew until it faded. She was alone in the big world with nothing but the voices in her head. Every night she wandered up into the dark woods to sob and do nothing but whisper for her mother to return, to walk through the overgrowth of trees. But the pain would never leave and her mother shall never come back.
 
 Alice believes she was the angel of death. Everyone she loves dies. Vividly she remembers her mum's death. Alice was there when she descended up into the heavens. Her last dying breath...
 
 
The fallen angel was dead inside. Now she felt nothing, she could never experience love ever again. Her life was now based on a miserable fairytale that doesn't end with a prince and a happily ever after. 
 
 Alice approached the shadowy forest once more to weep over her loss. The moonlight created a misty appearance as the town noise faded behind her. Now only the sound of crunching leaves under her leather boots and her own thoughts that whisked around in her head. Alice sat down on the damp grass and brought her knees up to her face. That's when she heard a rustle in a bush. Expecting it to be a deer or another forest animal she said nothing nor did she flinch.
 But the noise grew harsher until it sounded right next to her. She looked around to see nothing but the woods extending further.  "Hello?" She asked carelessly into the darkness. No response.
 
 
" Hello?" She beckoned again. She turned around to become face to face with a stranger.
 
"Hi!" The stranger exclaimed passionately. "I'm Caitlin, my mates call me Cat for short." Cat outstretched her hand to shake but Alice stared at her blankly. 
 
 
 
 
"I'm Alice," She muttered. Caitlin had short blonde hair and twinkling blue eyes. She wore a bright blue crop top and black jeans. Alice turned away. Her dark eyes glancing around, "Why are you here?" 
"I could say the same thing to you," Cat remarked, "But if you must know I am here with my family. Wheres your family, are you here with them?" Alice closed her eyes tightly, holding back the tear that pressured her. "I'm so sorry,'' she said quickly, "I didn't mean, I'm sorry." Cat placed her hand on Alice's shoulder. 
"It's fine..."  Alice replied wiping her eyes. 
"If you want you can join us." She Offered. 
Alice dropped her head, "Everyone around me dies.''
 
Caitlin had no idea what to say. The forest seemed to mock them as they sat quietly. 
 
"It's a curse, I'm a fallen angel with a curse," Alice broke the silence, "you won't understand what it's like to lose everyone you love, friends and family." 
Cat's eyes narrowed, "You're right, I don't understand but I will be here for you." 
 
Alice's lip quivered as a hot stream of blood rolled down her cheek and fell onto the grass below, staining it a crimson colour. Caitlin edged away as they both stared into the forest. The darkness descended further and through the winding paths of trees that enclose around them. The fallen angel stroked her long brown hair. No one spoke. No one moved. They just sat there staring into nothing, listening to nothing, thinking about everything.
 
Alice has never had anyone there for her. She has always been alone. A lone wolf, away from her pack. A distant star away from glory. It would be nice to have someone to share her stories with. Alice gave Caitlin a sideways glance and began to speak, "I have always been alone. I am so used to being alone. I have never had a friend but I think, I want to try to have a friend." Her fist clenched tight. 
 
Shouts from the town were carried by the wind. Catlin gave Alice a startled glance as to say, 'What the hell.'  Echos like explosions made the ground shake harshly. 
"WHAT'S GOING ON!'' Alice yelled. 
 
 


© Copyright 2019 Riley (theshewolf at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2198860-Heartful-song