*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2199398-Pete-and-Hungry-Floyd
by Paul
Rated: E · Short Story · Comedy · #2199398
Pete and Hungry Floyd case their next job.
“Hey, Pete? Can we stop for a burger? And some fries. And a shake, I gotta have a vanilla shake. You remember that, right, Pete? I gotta have a shake?”

“Yes, Floyd, I remember, but we don’t have time. We need to get over to Silmar and Fourth.”

“Why, Pete? I thought we were going for a drive.”

“We are, to Silmar and Fourth to check out the new jewelry store. Remember, Floyd?”

“Oh, yeah, I remember. But I’m really hungry.”

“I know, Floyd, after.”

“Okay, Pete. You the boss, Pete. That’s what Petra tells me.”

“She’s right. God, I find the perfect woman for my wife and partner, and she has a brother.”

“Yeah, that’s me! Neat, huh, Pete?”

“Yeah, Floyd. Pay attention, there’s the store. Look for street cameras.”

“Wow, there’s a McDonalds across the street. We could stop there after we hit the jewelry store.”

“No, we can’t. We’re trying to get away, remember? You want to get caught having a burger and fries with a bag of stolen jewelry?”

“Don’t forget the shake. You know I gotta hav—“

“I know, Floyd. Did you see any cameras, or just McDonalds?”

“I forgot.”

“We can’t drive past too often. Forget your stomach and look for cameras.”

“But I’m hungry, Pete.”

“Cameras, Floyd, or I’ll leave you at home next time.”

“You don’t want Petra getting angry.”

“No, not that. Crap! Floyd, look for cameras!”

“You don’t have to yell, Pete.”

“Yes, I do some times. Now, stop talking and look for cameras.”

“I see five, Pete, all pointed at the store.”

“Damn! Its off.”

“That one is my favorite.”

“What?”

“The Big-Mac Place.”

“You’ve never been there!”

“Still my favorite. Can we stop?”

“NO! ... we’ll stop near home.”

“Thanks, Pete. I love you, Pete.”

“Me too, Floyd.”
© Copyright 2019 Paul (lasardaddy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2199398-Pete-and-Hungry-Floyd