*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2199784-Whiskey-and-Coke
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Rob
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2199784
Two friends meet for a drink, but why?
Whiskey and Coke
Robert Scalfaro


"So tell me again why we are here?"

"You'll see, just be patient."

"What does being patient have to do with anything, I just want to know why we're here, that's all."

"Relax, give it a few minutes. Let's order a drink while we're waiting."

"OK, sure, but waiting for what?"

"Not what, who. I'm having a whiskey and coke, what do you want?"

"Sure, that sounds good. But what's the mystery. You call me, I drive across town, what's up? I mean this isn't exactly your usual kind of place, right?"

"That's true, that's very true isn't it! It's not so bad though, is it?"

"Ask me in a few minutes, I just got here but I'm definitely catching a strange vibe. Where are those drinks?"

"You stay here, I'll go to the bar and order. I'll be right back."

"OK, be quick. You know, strange vibe."

Joe walks to the bar and pushes in between two people seated there. "Bartender, two whiskey and cokes!"

She puts ice in the glasses and starts to pour the whiskey. The bottle runs dry so glances at Joe and she walks to the other side to get another.

A hand grabs Joe by the shoulder, hard. It's Bill.

"We need to get out of here right now."


© Copyright 2019 Rob (rjscalfaro at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2199784-Whiskey-and-Coke