*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2200616-The-Guessing-Game
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by 5sther
Rated: E · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #2200616
Casey and Alex need to get away! Can they do it?
I woke up and heard a BANG! There was something going on. I looked out the window and saw that the door to my garden shed was open. I changed into a shirt and shorts and grabbed my shoes. I ran down the hall to the closet and grabbed my jacket. I grabbed my flashlight and ran outside. As I approached the garden shed I saw a shadow! It was Alex! "Alex, what are you doing here?!?" I said, my voice filled with worry. "Casey, I need to ask you a question." "Shoot." "Will you run away with me?" I was stunned. "What?!? Did you get in trouble again, Alex?" "No, but please Casey, will you please run away with me?" "Why should I?" "Because its best for both of us!" "How can I be sure that you're telling the truth?" "You can't, but please, Casey! You've got to believe me!" "I'll believe you if you tell me why we need to run away!" "Fine! I was walking down to the store, and then two cops came and said to me 'Sir, you have the right to remain silent.' and came off and arrested me!" "And you didn't do anything?" "Not a thing." "I believe you, Alexander Simon. Let's go!" Alex and I rushed into my room and started packing. We packed my laptop, headphones, my books, and some of my clothes. I grabbed my phone off my dresser and shoved the charger into my backpack. On our way out, I grabbed my house key. We hopped into Alex's red convertible and rode to the bank, where we withdrew all our money from our account. When we finally hit the road, I asked Alex, "Where are we going?" "I have some friends in Florida that we can stay with." "Sounds good. What are their names?" "Perseus and Anika Jarsdel."
© Copyright 2019 5sther (5sther at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2200616-The-Guessing-Game