*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2200638-A-Smile
Rated: E · Other · Other · #2200638
What is a smile to you?
A smile. Why does it hold so much power over me? Why do I see it as immortal beauty, alive with so much to communicate.

Every true smile is different to me. I find myself looking for their meaning, pondering each one. Is it warmth or welcome? Perhaps, it is freedom from your worries and ills, as you take in that wonderful smile. It is communicative. A smile is a symbol of thoughts, desires, and ideas, each fleeting in their moment. It holds the power to fill one with emotion, or share intent and feeling. A glance of a persons smile can give sense to the day they have had, be it weary, tense, or ecstatic. As such, it remains a moment in time, slowly becoming eternal as a memory. At that point, in its brilliance, a smile changes from communication to time itself. Is this what makes a smile so contagious? Perhaps we react warmly to a smile, knowing that they can be with us for life. Its very power often results in the viewer themselves, smiling. Is it a gift to the world, spreading forth, making the day brighter for every person witness to that magical moment? A true smile is beauty itself.

The next time, as you sit in a public space, look about you. Search out that one smile. You will know it when you see it. That true smile, curving the lips, accented by a flutter around the eyes, captivating you as well as others. Witness it as it travels through the crowd, as your own lips curve, in understanding of that moment. It is unimaginably beautiful to see a wave of smiles. In the end, it is a dance, one not performed by legs and arms, but rather, by the mouth and eyes of a person. It should be shared with others. Just perhaps, that smile will make all the difference in a persons day.
What is a smile, and how does it effect you?
© Copyright 2019 Irribarre (mac8132 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2200638-A-Smile