*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2201023-To-my-universe
by Ama
Rated: E · Poetry · Personal · #2201023
An open poem to my universe
I pray the universe bless me with the sight to see the damage in people.

I pray to the universe I be blessed with hands gentle enough to nurture that which was damaged.

I pray the universe bless upon me a voice sure enough to amend all the hurtful words spoiling the minds of our future.

I pray..

I pray that the universe never curse my sight as she must’ve done to the adults that ruled my childhood. How blind they were, to not see what was happening.

The universe must’ve cursed their hands, she must’ve taken the kind from them and replaced it with a love so dark; to have them hold me was like drowning in a drum of thick tar.

Surely, the universe marred their voice with the dripping malice I still feel to this day.

Surely, surely it was her and not of their own will.

I was just a child.

I pray the universe bless me with the foresight and the ability to love and nurture my children away from the darkness that raised me.

I pray to my universe that she may one day forgive those that hurt us, but that she never forget, and that together we will raise a voice strong enough to bring the embarrassment down on those who dare touch the body or mind of our future.

To my universe, I pray I am enough.
© Copyright 2019 Ama (amarite at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2201023-To-my-universe