*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2201672-American-Wetback
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Biographical · #2201672
In 1988, I went on a trip to mexico to visit my aunt.
American WetBack, By Efren Medrano, AKA phattdaddy76, 7/17/2019

It was the summer of 1988, imagine the song "Red Red Wine "by UB40 playing in the back ground while reading this paragraph. In 1988 I had just finished 6th grade and moving on to 7th grade. I attended a middle school. Middle schools have 6th ,7th and 8th grade combined. Middle school years were hard times, all the girls were taller than me and the school was filled with horny boys and boners.
I remember the boys would ask the girls, "Do you want to go around with me ". Going around with a girl literally meant going around. The couple would hold hands and walk around the field during lunch time. Most of my buddies that were going around with girls had a baby by the time we entered high school. Who would of thought, all that walking would lead to sex? Men, that's how you get the ladies in the sack, take them for a walk around the field, it's a panty dropper.
I get home and walked into a conversation, my mother was talking to her sister, over the phone. It was not a smart phone. The phone was a land line, attached to the wall with a long cord. The phone cords were long, you could play jump rope, Indiana Jones, cow boys, or tie your siblings up until mom got home from work.
Speaking of my mother, and her sister. In Mexico, most of the old school women like my grandmother had like 12 kids. My grandfather and grandmother walked around the field a lot. The kids are one year apart. Its hard to come up with a new name every year. My moms name is Maria De los Angeles, her sister's names are, he we go, run on sentence, Maria Cruz, Maria Ignacia, Maria de la Gloria, Maria Virginia, Maria Gabriela. My poor grandmother didn't have time to name her girls. My grandmother was busy popping them out. That's what happens when you let grandpa name the kids.
My mother hung up the phone and tells us," ok, its all set, you guys are going to Juarez for the summer with your tia Gloria". Gloria was short for Maria Gloria. I was like what the fuck, my mom is sending us all to Mexico, Juarez. Juarez was not one of the most dangerous cities in the world at the time. It was still filled with corrupt officials, that will never change. I asked my mother, "mommy who's going to take us?", she replies "tu papi". You know what's crazy? We use to call my dad papi, like papi chulo. I Google Papi Chulo, it means Pimp Daddy.
I wanted to put that out there. One day, I was about 20 years old, I caught myself, a grown man calling another grown older man papi in public. That shit was embarrassing, never again will I sound like a young gay guy calling for his sugar daddy. I started calling him "Padre", like a priest, "Padre".
My Padre was anything but a priest. My mother was a struggling single mother since I could remember. As a matter of fact, my father was a straight-out deadbeat dad. I've learned to forgive my father as I become a man in order to live life without daddy issues. I did say daddy issues. I never really thought of a man having daddy issues. I guess daddy issues for men have many opportunities like becoming gay, end up in prison or in a gang.

Most girls who have daddy issues look for love from a man at a young age. Many of the time the girls make mistakes due to the lack of love from their fathers. A young man looking for love and comfort from another man, that's a recipe for a sweet cupcake. Interesting topic to explore, that will be my next book, "Can Men Have Daddy Issues?"
As a young boy I didn't like my Padre very much. I had mix feeling about him. He was a fun person. My Padre took us out spent money on us. My Padre did a great job, brain washing us to think he was a good Padre. In reality he was not there for us when we needed him.
My Padre had many children, with many different women. My Padre was a charming liar, he was good looking, drove nice cars. My Padre was a player who manipulated, lied and used young women. Padre promised them the world, and used them. My Padre fucked women physically and mentally. At the end of a romantic illusion, my Padre left the young women with a gift that never goes away. The gift reminded the young ladies of the bad choice they made. The gift was a baby or babies that were unplanned and painful.
I bet all those women learned a lesson, never trust a good-looking man with a big dick and a smile. The original quote was from Bel Vi Devo, "Never trust A Big Butt and a Smile", from the 80's. I guess you can say he's like a priest after all. Catholic Priest also fucked up many lives, shit that will be my next book, "My Padre was Like a Catholic Priest".
I describing my Padre to you. Question, would you let four of your children take a trip with this man to Mexico? and hand him all their birth certificates. My Padre was not a fighter he was a lover. Everyone in my mother family loved him, even after all the shit he did to my mother. My grandmother tells me "Mijo your father is my favorite son in law", What the fuck. My Padre was like Santa Clause when he rolled up to my grandmother home. He came prepared with dollar bills, candy, fruit, beer for my uncles and meat to BBQ. It's funny how easy humans can be bought. We're all a bunch of emotional prostitutes, beware of a charming man.
This next part of my story is going to sound like the Old Testament's from the "Holy Bible". My mother had three children with my Padre. My sister Juana, AKA Juanita, she is the oldest. I was second, Efren, AKA Efrencito. My brother Gustavo, AKA Tavito, he was my mothers' third child. Tavito was not my Padre third child he was fourth or fifth. I will explain, my father had three women pregnant in the same year. Tavito was from my mother, and my other two siblings are from two different women. I have three siblings the same age, they are not triplets.

My Padre has over 10 children, I love every one of my siblings. They are beautiful responsible parents, who love their families. My Padre can't take credit for any of it. Thanks to the strong beautiful women who raised us. The truth is my father did us all a favor in the long run. Not only did our mothers become stronger and smarter, they found great men. My baby sister Claudia is my mother's forth child. Claudia was a love child. I'll tell you the story about my mother and how Claudia came about in my next book, "I Can Fuck Other People Too, Mother Fucker". That book will be dedicated to all the dead-beat dads.
My Padre was a weekend warrior. When my Padre came to visit, he treated Claudia like his own. Claudia loved my Padre. Claudia called him," Papi Gordito", chubby daddy. Claudia passed away before her 18th birthday giving birth. I'll tell you about Claudia in my next book, "Love your Baby Girls, Daddy Issues Can Be Tragic". I have a daughter of my own, my daughter is 11 years old. I do my best to let her know how much I lover. The last thing I need is for my daughter to be walking around the field with a little mother fucker doing stupid shit for love, no thank you.
Now that we're done reviewing the old testament, Back to the trip to Mexico. Juanita, Tavito, Claudia and I, were taking a trip with El Padre, here we go.







© Copyright 2019 Phattdaddy76 (phattdaddy76 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2201672-American-Wetback