*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2201680-Dear-Sharath
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Death · #2201680
It's only when you lose a person that you realize how big a part they were in your life
Dear Sharath,

"She is a good student. She doesn't need remedial classes" said a person looking at me when I joined school as a new student. Believe it or not, that was probably the first reassuring thing that anyone had ever told me since I moved in to that new place. You gave me confidence. You made me believe in myself then. We would just occasionally smile at each other and exchange few pleasantries. I even heard rumors of you having a crush on me! I was flattered then (even though I'd have never admitted it then). For a person who was so down in the dumps, this was great news! But this is not about me. This is about you.

You were an excellent student, a brilliant basketball player and a loving brother. You will always be in my memory, because even though we didn't talk much, you've left an everlasting impression on my mind and I don't think it will ever go away. I cannot imagine the pain your family would be going through, you were the young and loved one. You were having such a good run and that was cut short by the hurdle that was leukemia. It's been years since we talked and I still cannot believe that you aren't here with us today.

I don't think I'll ever be able to digest this fact that you're truly gone. The words "I'm Sorry " doesn't mean anything and it falls flat. If there is life on the other side, I hope we meet there and you remember me. This will probably never reach you, but always know that you're loved and that the entire batch is devastated at what has just happened. I'm not saying this for courtesy sake, but you will always be missed.

Love,
A classmate (and a friend) of yours.
© Copyright 2019 Amaranthine_123 (amaranthine123 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2201680-Dear-Sharath