*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2201974-A-Man-Of-Means
by mike
Rated: E · Short Story · Religious · #2201974
A christian story








All ears were on the pastor that morning as he preached from the Book Of James. The men wore freshly tailored suits, their wives were resplendent in their summer dresses of crisp bright colors, Everyone looked their best that Sunday morning, proud in the fact that their church was truly alive with the Holy Spirit.


As the pastor spoke, his words filled the ears of the parishioners. and they praised God with raised hands, and loud cries of Hallelujahs, for the words of James were a living testimony of the true life of a Christian.

Just look at his appearance, ripped jeans, a dirty work shirt, long unwashed hair, Who would dare to dress that way and enter the house of God, the people thought, as they turned to look at the stranger who had
just now entered the church.


"I hope he doesn't sit next to me!" the town lawyer whispered to his wife who nodded in agreement as she pulled her two young boys closer to her.

"How disgusting, this man must really smell; I'm sure he's in need of my services" doctor Adams thought to himself.

"Please God, don't let him come near me," was the silent prayer of the whole congregation, their words filling God's ear that morning.

The stranger took a pew at the back of the church, and sat with his hands folded in supplication, a testimony onto the Lord.

As the preacher spoke, a strange illumination filled the church, but where this strange light was coming from no one could tell.

The light danced from one pew to another, now in one corner, and now in another. The people watched in amazement as it finally came to rest on the Countenance of the stranger, lighting up his face with a bright lucent glow. The light had landed at the precise same time as the preacher read from the book of Revelations, chapter 21 and verse 11.

The people were amazed at these words, for they had been members of this church for many years, but the deafness of their ears prevented them from hearing the true Gospel.

Soon a man appeared, and sat near the Stranger and as He spoke His words filled the people ears. "How sad you are." He said "This man you see before you is truly a man of God, he knows me and He knows my Father. You poor children come to church week after week but have no recognition of who I truly am, when will you learn. My love knows no appearance, except that of the heart. If you are truly my children you will know and understand this, that my love for you is deeper than what you look like, or what you wear. Learn from this man and you will truly know me for who I am, now go in peace and be kind to one another, and do good to one another, and then I will recognize you, as will my Father in Heaven" On saying this the man who had just now appeared before them vanished and just the stranger remained.

The people now understood God's words, and they no longer felt animosity but understood true love. They welcomed the stranger and all like him. Now their church was truly alive, for the Spirit had finally come.
© Copyright 2019 mike (mikechip1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2201974-A-Man-Of-Means