*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2202086-NANOWRIMO-Prep-Day-2
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest · #2202086
Plot Premise, Setting
This Story occurs on a continent with a peninsula that is protected inland by a great range of mountains, a great gate/wall system. Then the peninsula protrudes into a great sea.
This Port City is the largest in the known world and is overseen by a Merchants Guild. The Merchants Guild is revered by those envious of its wealth and power and despised by some because of its corruption and favoritism.

The main character is a young man named Mordecai. In a world that is rapidly losing its ability to control magic, Mordecai finds himself with unexpected strength in Fire and Earth Magic.

Mordecai suffers from a severe case of doubting himself and a lack of self-confidence. He struggles with finding his way in the world and a purpose for the things he struggles with.

Mordecai wants to overcome his doubts about the power he wields and to also reconcile his relationship with his twin brother Dietrich.

Mordecai has a twin brother named Dietrich. Dietrich is a master at spiritual magic and has a desire to rule all. Although he once cared about his twin, Dietrik’s ability to love and show compassion is being slowly devoured by the magic he wields and the power he craves. Mordecai desperately wants to save his brother from the path he follows.

“A young man must struggle to control the unexpected powers he has been born within time to save his twin brother, who has also been born with incredible power but walks a darker path.”
© Copyright 2019 Bedrock - The Lurker King (bedrock459 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2202086-NANOWRIMO-Prep-Day-2