*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2202785-Would-You-Like-A-Refill-300-words
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Cultural · #2202785
Daily Flash
Sitting at the counter, he picked up his butter soaked toast, folded it and dragged it across his plate drawing in the remaining yolk. As he brought to his mouth, he felt a nudge at his elbow, to which he turned in the direction of the bump and notice a woman who had just sat down next to him. “Excuse me” she said, “ could you please pass me that shaker of salt?”
He reached for the shaker and turned to comply with her request. She took it but he hesitated to let go as their eyes locked. “ I’ve seen you somewhere before?” he said in an inquisitive tone. She took control of the shaker as he let go and as she turned it on her plate she giggled, “ you don't recognize me?”
“ I do but I'm not sure from where.”
“ Why from right here silly. I'm a waitress here. How many times have I filled your coffee cup? And you don't recognize me.” She tilted her head slightly and her smile turned pensive as she put her hand to her waist in disappointment.
He framed her face from her long wavy reddish brown hair resting on the shoulders of her flannel shirt, that was tucked neatly into her blue jeans. He pictured hair hair pulled back in a bun and covered in a delicate net. Her shoulders now covered by her black uniform blouse. Her waist being wrapped in a white apron with front pockets. Always in the right pocked was her tattered pad of “Guest Checks.”
“Yes, I'm sorry I do know you, but do you not work here anymore?”
“I still work here. I just have the day off.”
“Ahh you do? But why would you come here on your day off?”
“Well lets just say I knew someone would be here for breakfast and might want some company?”
© Copyright 2019 flyer10624 (flyer10624 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2202785-Would-You-Like-A-Refill-300-words