*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2202955-You-Dont-Know-Everything
by Paul
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Family · #2202955
He spent a lot of time in the navy
“What’s that?”

“What? I don’t see anything.”

“Turn your head and look in the direction I’m looking in and you just may. You’re mostly deaf, but I didn’t realize your eyes were going too. Sight was your favorite sense.”

“It isn’t a was yet, my eyes are not going and I’m not mostly deaf. I have a drop off in the vocal band but this damned tinnitus is the biggest problem.”

“Whatever, look over there.”

“Okay, I see it. What is it?”

“That’s what I just asked you. Answering with another question is not what I wanted.”

“I’ve never seen anything like it. Looks like a pile of trash to me. Whatta’ you think?”

“I don’t know, that’s why I asked you, remember? You always have the answer.”

“No I don’t, you just like to accuse me of it.”

“I accuse you because you always jump in with an answer that’s mostly wrong, but you think is right. I think it’s just an old, white, fart thing. You can’t stand people thinking you don't know.”

“That’s not true!”

“Oh? What about last weekend when Mary asked which play the character El Gallo was in? You vehemently insisted it was called El Gallo, but when we looked it up the play was The Fantastics and one of the characters was El Gallo.”

“Well—”

“Admit it, you were wrong.”

“I—“

“Just do it, for gods sake, Ian, you can’t stand not knowing. I’ve been married to you for 35 years, I know when the bullshit is flowing.”

“Bull— wait a minute, I—“

“Major BS! You are good at it. All that navy time?”

“Yeah, probably. But, I do know—“

“A great deal, but you don’t have to know everything. We’ll still love you.”

“My sweet, Danni. I love you, Danica.”
© Copyright 2019 Paul (lasardaddy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2202955-You-Dont-Know-Everything