*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2203525-Sleepless-Nights
by JM
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Dark · #2203525
When a man forgets himself in a desperate search for sleep, what will he do?
I held my hands up, dropping the bloodied knife as the police had broken down the door. I didn't know what to do, the body was right in front of them. I tried to remember where this all started, I needed a justification for myself. And now that I think about it, I suppose It started a month ago.
I started to have issues sleeping. At the time I had no clue why it was so hard, but I remember going about a week before I started to piece things together. I had realized that she was putting something in my water! It had to be! She was putting her damned medicine into my water! I couldn't sleep because of that bitch! But I couldn't go without water, so what was I to do?
It wasn't long before I could tell that she knew that I knew what she was doing. She had a plan, a plan to poison me! I swear it on my life, she did!
So I did what any man in my situation would do. I did what she was doing to me. I planned to eliminate her. In which, I succeeded. I killed my mother with a butcher knife. I did it before she could poison me further.
At least now I may be able to get some sleep at last.
© Copyright 2019 JM (infinityitems at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2203525-Sleepless-Nights