*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2204398-Three-Witches
by bren
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest · #2204398
They start them young. 498 words
“Ah, sister, come in. Happy Samhain.”

“Are you set? What can I do to help?”

“Let’s see, the bonfire’s ready to go. Dinner prep is done. Oh, in the cupboard, can you grab a bowl and empty those bags of candy into them.”

“Ah, I always forget. All those little people dressed up. So much fun. Shall I hand out the candy again this year.”

“No chance. Don’t you remember the disaster last year?”

“A few whiny kids, what’s the big deal? It will make them stronger.”

“Some of them left crying and running down the driveway. Tonight should be a fun night for them. Not everyone believes as we do.”

“It got us out to the bonfire earlier didn’t it?”

“Patience sister. Now, there’s the door, and I’ll get it. Set the table, won’t you? And don’t forget to set a place for Mom, bless her soul.”

“Trick or Treat!”

“Oh, look, who do we have here?”

“I am Voltar, with the League of Super Heroes.”

“I am Pipi Longstocking.”

“Here’s your treats. Oh, look behind you, you must have brought all of your friends tonight!”

….

“Whew, that was a lot of kids! I think it’s finally ended. It’s so discouraging that there’s no originality in costumes. Now, let’s start the bonfires and enjoy our Samhain! Oh, there’s the door again. Go ahead out and I’ll get them their treats and be out in a minute.”

“Trick-or-treat!”

“Well, my, my. What do we have here?”

“We’re three witches!”

“Really? Usually witches are dressed in black with pointy hats on Halloween. Who are you in these fancy dresses, Samantha, Glenda and Sabrina?”

“I am Air. I call on air to help me out; move some air softly about. Just a breeze is what it’ll take; to show this ma’am I ain’t no fake. Lift the candy, bring it near; drop it in our bags right here. This is what I want to see; as I will so mote it be.”

“I am Water. I ask the Goddess of water to send her power; send it to me in this hour. This little plant here on the porch; appears it got a little scorched. Send some raindrops falling down; but only there, not all around. This is what I want to see; as I will so mote it be.”

“I am Fire. I summon power of fire here tonight; to aid in our identity fight. I aim to make that bonfire glow; cause when I do then she will know. That here we stand young witches three; as I am so mote it be.”

“Sister, you did that, right?”

“No lady, Sister’s out enjoying the bonfire. We know she was here last year stirring up a bit of magic, scaring all those kids. So we decided it was safe to practice on you tonight.”

“Well, you young ones are pretty good, you made my night. Now go get your folks and come enjoy Samhain with us.”

“Blessed be.”
© Copyright 2019 bren (bren13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2204398-Three-Witches