*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2204410-American-History-from-1763-1840
Rated: E · Bulletin · Educational · #2204410
the social, economic, and political complexities of American history between 1763-1840.
         8







AMERICAN HISTORY BETWEEN 1763 TO 1840














American History Between 1763 and 1840

The initial British colony of what became the United States was created between the year 1608 over 171 years before the declaration of American Independence. Consequently, after the declaration of independence, the thirteen United States began to experience substantial proportions of expansion in the political, economic, social systems as a result of the thirteen years' war that hit the British colonies. However, there were significant changes to the system of British governance policies after 1763 following the end of the seven years Civil War. Consequently, the war had created substantial tension with the colonists which led the colonies to declare their independence.The declaration of independence meant a lot to the Northern because they knew that any trade and supplies would not be taxed by England. Therefore, with England out of the question, the Thirteen united states created a constitution that would govern their activities, power, and land. This study explores the economic, social, racial and political complexities of the British American colonies that later formed the United States through an analysis of existing literature and scholarly articles.
Britain established several colonies during the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries in the Americas such as the Canadian coastal parts and the West Indies that had distinctive social structures. Additionally, other European nations participated in colonization efforts in North America, although European colonization proved profoundly destructive. Recent scholarly articles have shed light on the economic factors on income before the end of the colonial era by, suggested that the free white residents of North America enjoyed living standards that were comparable to those of Britain. Additionally, Cash and Sherri Gold stein notes that the living standards (per capita income) at that colonial period in America were some of the highest in the world. Notwithstanding, demographic evidence collected and analyzed attests to the vigorous and extensive economic expansion in the colonial age that began with the establishment of the first permanent British Colonial settlement in Virginia, originally Jamestown in1607. The population of America had increased significantly by the time Britain surrendered and the colonies declared their Independence from a few hundred settlers to over 2 million by the year 1176. The growth of colored people and the black populations was attributed to the significant decline of the indigenous population as a result of European epidemic diseases and war that had hit the indigenous people hard.
Perhaps the probate inventories proved to be resourceful of information associated with colonial economic progress in the mid-seventeenth and early eighteenth centuries. Experts argue that the probate inventories were drawn from a sample of 900 randomly selected counties in each region in the year 1775 show that the demographics after an analysis of the distribution reflect that the descendants were wealthier. therefore, the abundance of natural resources raised the productivity of labor, primarily in agriculture, and thereby contributed to the high standards of living among the colonist. Consequently, the high living standards and the economic boom that resulted from the high influx of black slaves removed the economic constraints that limited population growth in America and Britain. One of the primary motivators of colonization was the benefits the accrued from the export of agricultural produce and slaves. Therefore, despite the fact that it was not the highest contributor to the economy and only accounts for 10% of economic activity through the eighteenth century, it was critical to colonial economic survival. The differences in exports from ensued in the rise of distinctive trade forms of economic cooperation, across the colonies.
The political systems' key principle was Mercantilism. Mercantilism was the force behind national unity and it was enhanced by upholding an optimal balance of trade with the other colonies. Moreover, they had singed the Navigation Act in 1651 and was passed by the Parliament for the sole purpose of establishing colonial trading relations and legal parameters. The main provisions of the act were to prohibit foreign vessels from carrying goods within an empire and across colonies, and all goods from Europe were to pass through England. This served as a way of imposing taxes on any exports to the British colonies. After the end of the Seven-year Civil War, the relatively harmonious relationship between Britain and her North colonies shifted significantly. They declared their independence in 1776 after 13 years of War.
Conclusion
Between 1763 and 1840, the thirteen British colonies formed the united states of America and began to thrive economically with about 40% of Britain. Per capita income began to expand slowly and the colonies sustained rapid economic development for almost two centuries without the decline of the living standards. However, the arrival of the colonists did not find empty and unoccupied land. They forcibly exterminated the aboriginal settlements, although the native populations were adversely affected by European disease that was spread by early tradesmen, explorers, and fishermen. Nevertheless, there was little said of seeking independence during most of the colonial period and the colonies thrived from imperial trade relationships that Britain created.



















Bibliographies
Bayly, Christopher Alan. Imperial Meridian: The British Empire and the World 1780-1830}. Routledge, 2016.

Cash, Sherri Goldstein. "Roots in the Valley: Ginseng and the New York-Iroquois Borderlands, 1752-1785." }New York History 99, no. 1 (2018): 7-37.
Lindert, Peter H., and Jeffrey G. Williamson. "Unequal gains: American growth and inequality since 1700."  22, no. 4 (2016): 276-283.
Mason, David S. A Concise History of Modern Europe: Liberty, Equality, Solidarity. Rowman & Littlefield, 2018.McAleer, John. Britain's Maritime Empire: Southern Africa, the South Atlantic, and the Indian Ocean, 1763-1820 Cambridge University Press, 2016.
}Shi, David E., and George Brown Tindall.  America: A narrative history Norton & Company, 2016.









© Copyright 2019 fattenedmouse (thewriterspost at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2204410-American-History-from-1763-1840