*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2204434-Trick-ot-Treat
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2204434
Flash Fiction
Trick or Treat

"Trick or treat!" said a small green monster with a spikey tail, standing on the porch, holding out a bag.

Andy looked at him, “Trick,” he said, finally.

“Trick or treat!” the little creature said again, louder.

Andy hated being stuck at the door giving out perfectly good candy to creepy little brats, only doing it, because Andrea had the flu. Now, he figured he’d been a good sport long enough. There wasn’t much candy left, and he wanted it for himself. He was about to turn off the light when this one showed up.

“I choose trick,” Andy smirked, “Isn’t it a choice?”

The little monster looked up at him. The mask actually seemed to squint.

Suddenly Andy felt his feet melting. As he stood there, his legs started melting too, and he got shorter and shorter! He couldn’t seem to move, he was melting into a giant puddle right there in the doorway!

As his face got level with the little monster face, the little monster said, “Wanna trade for the treat now?”

Andy yelled, “Yes!”

In the blink of an eye he found himself standing at the door again, looking down at the small green monster with the spiky tail, standing on the porch holding out a bag. “Trick or treat,” it said.

Andy quickly tossed the rest of his candy in the bag.

The little monster said, “Thanks Mister!” and began shimmering. Then it faded softly into a million tiny pieces and disappeared completely right before Andy’s eyes.

About an hour later Andrea came out of their bedroom on her way to the kitchen for some juice. “Honey, is the trick or treating finally over?”

Andy stopped staring out the door, turning slowly, he closed it, “Ah...” he said finally, “I think it is for me...”
© Copyright 2019 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2204434-Trick-ot-Treat