*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2204542-Turkey-Enchiladas
Rated: E · Other · Food/Cooking · #2204542
An awesome way to use that leftover turkey from the holidays.
Turkey Enchilada's
from Tess's Kitchen



8+ cups of leftover cooked shredded Turkey or other meat of choice
8 cups of shredded cheese Pepperjack or other cheese of choice
2- 28 oz can of Green Chile Verde sauce
2 cups Jalapeños: chopped and juice (if you want spicier)
8 flour tortillas medium size
1 9x12 baking dish
Cooking spray or olive oil
Sour Cream
3 cups Romaine lettuce: chopped (I like to quarter my lettuce then dice it up)
2 cups Tomatoes: chopped
1 cup Green onions: chopped

You can make these enchiladas fairly easy, because your ingredients are already to go. I always prepare these while cleaning up after our Thanksgiving feast. They are much better after they have set overnight. Make your salad the day before also, in a sealed bowl and place in refrigerator overnight.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees:
Spray cooking spray or rub olive oil onto sides and bottom of a baking dish.
Add Verde sauce (and Jalapeños) to meat and mix well.
Take your first tortilla and add about a cup+ of meat mixture in the center; (depends on how meaty you want them. I like them meaty.)
add cheese of choice; fold over ends and roll, place in the baking pan or you can make them in the baking dish.
Repeat until all tortillas are used. Reserve 2 cups of Verde sauce and 3 cups cheese to place on top when finished. Bake for 20-30 minutes. Serve with sour cream on top and salad. I also make homemade fries to serve with them.

Note: If you would like them spicier add Jalapeños (chopped) to meat mixture.)


© Copyright 2019 LegendaryMask❤️ (tblakely5 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2204542-Turkey-Enchiladas