*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2205305-From-A-Different-Planet
by Paul
Rated: E · Short Story · Comedy · #2205305
The twins were not what he expected.
“You think what?”

I think they are aliens.

“You think your own children come from a different country? What? Iran? China?”

“No.”

Well, what then?”

“Not from a different country, from a different planet.”

“A couple of Beatelgeuseans? Martians? What are you talking about?”

“Have you watched them? Watched them play in the back yard?”

“Where have you been living for the last four years. That’s all I do sometimes. I have thousands of hours of watching them.”

“But, have you really paid attention to what they do?”

“Of course, I have! You were there when they were born and held them. You also said you wanted to name them Jack and Jill, but I filled out the paperwork with my mother’s and your father’s names.”

“I know. Sneaky of you, but you forgot my father was Robert Johnathon. Why’d you use your mothers name?”

“Because she would love it, and she did.”

“You neglected to think there, too. Her name is Teresa Jillian, and now I get to call them what I want. They like it, too.”

“But, why aliens?”

Have you watched Jill? She catches snails and bugs then takes them apart and eats some of them. Jack just does what she leads him into.”

“She’s not supposed to eat them. You need to watch closer next time.”

“They always have their heads together and they finish each other’s sentences. They read each other’s minds!”

“They’re four-year-old twins. Twins do that.”

“You’re kidding! We’re going to have to put up with this?”

“Unless you can’t stand it and leave. Are you leaving?”

“Oh, god no, I couldn’t. I love you, Stacy, and those two alien creatures.”

“Creatures?”

“Yeah. When they stop eating bugs they’ll become more human.”

“You are one weird dude, Steve.”
© Copyright 2019 Paul (lasardaddy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2205305-From-A-Different-Planet