*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2205728-The-Thief
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2205728
Flash Fiction
The Thief

“Stop thief!” Jeremy yelled, jumping in front of the running man.

“Where?!”

“You!’

“Me? Me! I’m not a thief! What are you talking about?”

“I just saw you take that green bag!”

“Yes. Yes, I did... but...”

“But nothing! It belongs to that lady! I saw her put it down on the bench when she sat down.”

“That she did. You are very observant. What you didn’t see was me handing it to her half way to the bench, and asking her to carry it to the bench for me while I tied my shoe. She’s my aunt.”

“Oh... sorry. I thought you were stealing it...”

“It’s really nice of you to watch out for people like that, it’s nice to know my aunt comes to such a safe park. Thank you!”

“Ah, you’re welcome.”

“Well, I have to get going now, thanks again, really!” off he ran.

Jeremy watched him till he was out of sight. He felt foolish, and happy at the same time. This was gonna be a great story to tell his friends later. Him trying to stop a thief and finding out it was really the nephew of the woman he thought was being robbed.

Suddenly he heard someone yelling behind him.

It was that woman, “Someone stole my bag! Did anyone see someone take a green bag???”

The plot thickened.
© Copyright 2019 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2205728-The-Thief