*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2205870-Is-it-love
Rated: E · Fiction · Romance/Love · #2205870
love and other business

She was trembling.

He was watching her.

She didn't mind.

He stared at her.

She blinked, still trembling.

He came close to her and offered his jacket.

She didn't want to accept it.

He went behind her and helped her put the jacket on.

She avoided his gaze.

He kept her close to him to warm her body against his.

She mumbled a weak thank you.

A smirk escaped his lips as an answer.

She didn't fight it anymore, she let go.

He followed and caught up with her.

She let him hug her.

He was warm, his gentle touch made her shiver.

They stayed like that for a while.

Then he offered her his sleeping bag and she accepted without unnecessary drama.

He held her in his arms, bridal style, knowing she was too weak to move herself and gently put her in the sleeping bag. Then he went to lay beside her putting her head on his chest to try to warm her up. This was going to be a long, cold and the same time cruel and scary night, difficult for both of them to handle or resist the pressure.


Maybe she was wrong all the time, maybe he wasn't that bad, well he saved her did he? That makes him a descent guy at least. But for now let's save that thought for another time. She felt so vulnerable. She needed to rest her eyes just for a moment and let it go for a while. Even if it means resting in his arms and leave her life in his hands, so she didn't seem to care anymore, she was to exhausted to think about it nor to start another fight with him, not now. She just wanted her nightmare to be finally over and something that will ease her pain. She breathed heavily, let out a deep sigh moments before drifting away in a peaceful slumber ...At...least...peaceful...for...now.

© Copyright 2019 Annaliese Griffin (butterfly47 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2205870-Is-it-love