*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2206224-THE-NIGHT-AFTER-WEDDING
Rated: E · Fiction · Romance/Love · #2206224
Want something interesting on wedding night? Here it is!
I was nervous. My legs were shaking involuntarily. The creaking sound of the door made me increase my heartbeat. You came in with lots of Jasmine on your head. The fragrance filled the room. Adjusting my new white shirt, I got up not knowing what to do. For a moment, it felt like my heart would come out of my mouth. All of a sudden, you bent down to touch my feet and I suddenly lost my balance and fell on bed. With your actions you made sure that I was okay. (Not a word spoken yet). I sat upright and gestured you to sit. At first you hesitated, but on my insist you did. (Not a word spoken yet). Every minute was feeling awkward with a girl, whom you met few months ago and now you are alone with her in a room. I looked at her. Braided hair, golden jhumkas, tint of reddish pink lip gloss and a face glowing in the light. Her hands were full of henna. In her left hand ring finger, wore the ring which my mom asked me to put her. She was wearing glossy nail polish, with extravagant pink silk saree. She was perfect. I felt that it's my duty to start a conversation.
After taking few deep breaths suddenly I said, "Hold your hand out". She made a face, as if she didn't heard what I just said.
"Hold your hand out" I said in a comforting manner. She did as I said, but completely baffled. I placed my left hand below hers and right hand above. It was a promise actually.

I started, "Listen Sneha", my God her eyes it was like baby's. Her eyes lit up when I enunciated her name and I loved it.

"I don't want you to be my wife. I don't want you to be a person with whom I only share my happiness. I want you to be my friend, my best friend, because I never really got the opportunity of being with a best friend. I believe that God sent you to make my wish come true. I know that you love ice creams, chocolates and don't worry, we will sneak out sometimes to have these or else we'll buy and eat at night." I smiled a bit. She didn't.
I continued, "I want you to be a moon in my dark sky. I want you to be essence of my life. I want you to be my life......"
"Will you answer my question?" I asked. She nodded.
.
"Will you be my Rainbow's end?"
.
Her eyes welled up and a tear dropped down from her right eye. I got my answer.

© Copyright 2019 VoicesofHeart (thepranesh at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2206224-THE-NIGHT-AFTER-WEDDING