*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2206259-Connection
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2206259
Flash Fiction
Connection

“I had the strangest dream.” Tam said, waking in bed.

“What about?” Alex mumbled.

“I was working on top of a mountain. A team that studied the galaxy. It was my turn to watch certain sectors. As I got to the observation room, someone told me something was off.

One of the moons on Alpha Ventisis had turned a light shade of purple. She’d observed the color change throughout her shift, though nothing else had happened. I promised to keep track of it and started taking notes.

The moon was indeed purple, but now seemed to be pulsating slightly. As I watched, getting somewhat alarmed, it actually exploded! I jumped back, silly I know, it was so far away, but still, when I got back to the telescope it was gone! I searched and searched, nothing! When I gave up and turned away, there sitting next to me was a small purple being, with three legs and a pulsating head, smiling at me, and he said...”

“Let me guess,” Alex interrupted, “he said ‘My name is Alex,’ right?”

“How did you know that?” Tam said, shooting up. But the next bunk was a chair, his own bed, a stool, and he was sitting at a telescope. Alex was a small purple man with three legs and a pulsating head, and so was he.

“I fell asleep again, didn’t I?”

“Yes,” said Alex, “Were you dreaming about being some kind of biped again?”

“Yes, it seemed so real!” Tam said wiping the sweat off his pulsating head. “Maybe I do need a vacation. I just really wanted to be here when the team finally gets close enough to observe that blue planet in the Milky Way next month. I’ve always had such a strong feeling about there actually being life there...”
© Copyright 2019 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2206259-Connection