*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2206912-SCP-5048---Whispers-in-the-Wind
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Other · Sci-fi · #2206912
Secure. Contain. Protect.
Item #: SCP-5048

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-5048 is to be contained in a soundproof cell at site [REDACTED], measuring 5 meters in length, 5 meters in width, and 3 meters in height. Any personnel to enter the cell with SCP-5048 are to wear sound dampening headphones over standard issue earplugs to lessen the effect of SCP-5048's emissions should they occur. Entering SCP-5048's cell is only permitted to Dr.𹙆𹙆𹙆𹙆𹙆𹙆𹙆𹙆𹙆 and those authorized to enter by Dr.𹙆𹙆𹙆𹙆𹙆𹙆𹙆𹙆𹙆 himself.

Description: SCP-5048 is a bipedal humanoid figure standing at about 2.13 meters in height. It is rather gangling in stature, and appears as though it had been deprived of food for weeks or months, regardless of whether or not it consumes anything. SCP-5048 has no eyes, but not due to injury. It seemed to have been born with no eyes, just shallow divots in the face where the eyes would normally be. Despite this, it seems that SCP-5048 can tell where it is, the shape of its surroundings, and where personnel are located. Its most disturbing physical feature is that it possesses a wide mouth, stretching almost ear-to-ear, with teeth shaped similarly to those of crocodiles and alligators. However, it cannot open it's mouth, as it appears to have strands of sinew-like flesh weaving their way over the front of the mouth, sewing it shut.

However, when provoked, SCP-5048 is capable of emitting a high-frequency shriek that sounds similar to radio static which is clearly audible for over a mile from its source. Anything within range is incapacitated as the deafening sound assaults the ears. This "static" can cause damage to hearing (ranging from ringing ears to permanent deafness) or in extreme cases, complete insanity. An accurate measure of SCP-5048's emission frequency is still unknown, but it is estimated to be in the range 140 dB to 165 dB, depending on how distressed or provoked it is.

Those exposed to the call claim to hear whispering among the static, as if SCP-5048 was talking to them in an unintelligible language. The majority of those who were "spoken to" develop severe paranoia following overexposure to the sound of SCP-5048 and several have even been diagnosed with Schizophrenia and/or some form of Dementia.


See Also: "Addendum 5048-01
© Copyright 2019 Austyn Dewaele (p0s31d0n at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2206912-SCP-5048---Whispers-in-the-Wind