*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2208091-The-Adventures-of-a-Fangirl-Vol-1
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fanfiction · #2208091
Chapter 1 of TAF--In a Galaxy Far Far Away. A Fangirl transported into her fandoms worlds.


Chapter I




I sighed and pressed play on the remote. Another boring day at home, but at least there were my favorite movies and books. Today was my movie day, and I was going to binge-watch some Star Wars.

The theme music began to play, and I settled back into the couch. I couldn't wait to see Rey, Kylo, Poe, Kylo, Finn, Kylo, Chewie, and did I mention Kylo?

He is my absolute favorite of all the new characters. I waited on pins and needles for my favorite part. When Rey is kidnapped.

Finally, I watched, a dreamy expression on my face as I listened to Kylo taunt Rey. Then the screen suddenly went blank. I shrieked, and pressed the buttons on the remote. But nothing happened.

Then the blackness seemed to seep out of the TV screen, and gradually enveloped me. Next thing I knew, I was behind a tree, watching as Kylo scooped up Rey and walked away with her in his arms.

Slowly, I looked around. Was I dreaming? I couldn't possibly be IN Star Wars, could I?

I felt the bark of the tree in front of me. It sure felt real, and the ground I stood on was solid enough. Then an idea occurred to me. I focused on a rock lying on the ground. I stretched my hand out towards it and concentrated.

Nothing happened. I frowned and tried again, emptying my head of all thought so I could focus.

Still nothing. "Fudge." I whispered to myself as it became apparent I didn't have force powers. I turned away from the rock and began walking through the woods.

I wandered for a few minutes before emerging out of the forest, straight onto the battle site. It was entirely deserted.

"I missed him!" I muttered, looking around at the decimated ground. I walked around, looking for signs of life. But I saw nobody. The place was entirely deserted. "Everyone must have evacuated..." I said to myself.

Then a thought popped into my head. "How in the world am I supposed to get off this planet?!" I asked aloud, suddenly worried.



"I can help with that." A voice whispered from behind me, and I whirled around, coming face to face with a--something. I wasn't sure. Then it clicked. A Twi'lek. That's what he/she was.

"Slow down. I won't hurt you." It said, and I relaxed slightly.

"Okay. Who are you?" I asked, and it smiled. "I'm Teela, a Twi'lek. And I can get you off this planet. What's your name?" She said, and I flushed slightly.

"I'm Estelle. How can you get me off here, and how much is it going to cost me?" I asked, knowing it was probably not going to be cheap. And I didn't have any money. Nothing to trade either.

"I have a small cargo ship hidden back that way. The Stormtroopers missed it. And as for the fee, there is none." Teela said, and I sighed with relief.

"Thank you. I'm not sure I could have got off here by myself. I'm, uh, new here." I said, and Teela nodded sympathetically.

"No problem. I'm happy to help anybody the Empire considers an enemy." She said, motioning for me to follow her as she began walking.



"So, what brought you here?" She asked curiously as we trekked through the forest.

I wasn't sure how to answer that question. "Well, um... I'm with the Resistance." I lied, feeling a pang of guilt as Teela looked impressed.

"Really?! I've always dreamed of meeting a real Rebel!" She said excitedly, and I forced a smile.

"Yeah, I'm looking for the Empire's base. I've been given the task of infiltrating it." I said, and Teela gasped.

"Isn't that dangerous? They do full background checks on anybody who steps foot in their base!" She said, and I mentally cursed myself.

"Well, yeah, but I'm willing to risk it." I said, trying to sound brave. Thankfully, before Teela could question me anymore, we arrived at her ship.

It was camouflaged with vines and leaves. I helped Teela brush them off to reveal a gleaming ship. It was so cool; I couldn't help staring at it in awe for a moment before Teela nudged me out of my stupor.

"Where are you heading?" She asked, pulling open a door, and pressing some buttons to open up the cargo hatch.

There was that small flaw in my plan. "Umm.... That's uh, well... I'm not sure." I said sheepishly. "The location of the Empire's base is still unknown to us."

Teela hopped down from her ship, and walked up to me. "You mean you don't even know where you're going?" She asked in disbelief. I nodded.

Teela shook her head. "The Force is with you today Estelle." She muttered. "I happen to know where it is."

My mouth dropped open. "Really?!"

She nodded, her mouth a thin line. "It's on Scarif. I can get you there, but it will be difficult to get within its atmosphere. They have multiple patrols going at one time. They take their security very seriously." She said, and I took a deep breath. This was starting to sound much more difficult than I thought.

"Let's go." I said, and hopped into the cargo hatch.

"Um, Estelle? The door is this way." Teela called hesitantly, and I walked back out of the cargo hatch, blushing furiously. "Right. Just got a little confused." I said, and climbed into the cockpit.

How embarrassing... I thought to myself as Teela sat herself into the pilot seat and started the ship's engines.          
© Copyright 2019 Centaur_Queen (centaur-queen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2208091-The-Adventures-of-a-Fangirl-Vol-1