*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2209227-It-Cant-Be-That-Bad
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2209227
Flash fiction using wall, spot, crack
As thunder boomed and heavy rain pelted his window, Luke Santos was just opening a new level on his favorite video game when he heard Marta’s voice. What good is a man cave if I keep getting interrupted? She's always bugging me to do some project around the house. Well, at least she won’t be nagging me again about the roof. I mean, I certainly can’t do any outside work in this storm.

“Luke, are you in there? Of course you’re in there – you're always in there. Open the door. I need to talk to you.”

Oh boy, here it comes. Why can’t she just let him rest on his day off?

“Luke, open this door!” He opened it reluctantly and Marta came in. No, she didn’t just come in – she stomped in. The pictures on the wall even shook. This was definitely not going to be fun.

“Luke, you have to stop hiding in here and get something done!”

“I’m not hiding. I’m just trying to unwind after a hard week at work. I’ll get that coffee spot out of the carpet tomorrow, I promise.”

“Yes, and on the days that you work you just need to rest after a hard day! Anyway, this is not about that spot. It’s about that crack in the ceiling in my craft room. It’s getting bigger.”

“Well, it can’t be that bad. I’ll check it out tomorrow.”

“No, you need to look at it now.”

Grabbing his arm, she nearly dragged him down the hall to her room. Luke’s hand was on the doorknob, when they heard the crash. He pushed the door open sliding wet plaster, insulation and a few shingles with it.

“This is definitely going to cost me,” he thought, “in more ways than one!”
© Copyright 2020 BlueJay (bluejay at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2209227-It-Cant-Be-That-Bad