*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2209520-A-Few-Questions
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Mystery · #2209520
An officer has a few questions for a hotel guest.
“Excuse me, sir. Is there a…problem here?”

“Uh, hi, Officer. No, there’s, uh, no problem.”

“Sir, may I ask why you’re walking down the hallway naked?”

“Um, that’s, that’s a little complicated.”

“Complicated how?”

“You’re, uh, not “in” on it are you?”

“As I’m not sure what I’m supposed to be in on that resulted in you being naked in the hallway, that’d be a no. You said it’s a little complicated. I’ve got time. I’m interested in hearing your explanation for your naked stroll through the halls.”

“Well, you see, Officer, it’s like this. My wife and I are here for our anniversary. She and I are avid mystery readers so my in-laws, her parents, booked us a stay here for the hotel’s Mystery Case package. The guests come to stay and get to solve a mystery over the course of their stay. The case and the how long it goes depends. There’s a different one every month.”

“So, what does this have to do with you being naked?”

“Well, I’m getting there. So, this is a murder mystery and it involves the, “ghost” of the victim “haunting” the hotel until the case is solved. But there also might not be a “ghost”. Well, anyway, I was getting out of the shower when I heard something in the room. I walked out of the bathroom to find the ghost paying a visit. Now the ghost has been, well, appearing to the guests to lead them to potential clues. The ghost beckoned for me to follow him out of the room, so I did. But then I realized I hadn’t gotten dressed or grabbed my key, but it was too late.”

“Wait, wait. So, you’re telling me that the “ghost” of the murder victim appeared in your room in order to get you to follow them to a clue ,and you followed them out without grabbing your key or getting dressed, didn’t realize until the door was already shut that you didn’t have clothes or your key and had already gotten locked out of your room , and you started walking down the hall to find your wife and get her key?

“That’s the long and short of it, Officer.”

“Well, this is a first. Did you really not think to get dressed first after getting out of the shower and before you decided to chase a ghost?”

“No, sir. I did not but in hindsight, I probably should have.”

“Yeah, that would have been a good idea. So where is the ghost now?”

“I’m not sure, Officer. Oh, here comes my wife now.”

“I am so sorry about this, Officer.”

“It’s alright, ma’am. People often get so caught up in the moment that they forget things. Just try to be a bit more careful next time. Good night, folks. Good luck with the case.”

“Good night, Officer and thanks.”

“Yeah, thanks, Officer. “

© Copyright 2020 Detective (frigid at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2209520-A-Few-Questions