*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2209649-Cooking-Lessons
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #2209649
A mysterious missing episode of a cooking show.
When I was a child, I used to watch these cooking shows, none of them were really exceptional but I really dug them. Amongst them was one named, Cooking Lessons. Again, nothing exceptional about it, a standard show where a fat lady named Barbara came and made some sort of food and let a few of her audiences taste it.

When I talk about it with friends or online, I found that they all Remember the 35 episode series as a fond memory. What they don't know is that there was another, a 36th episode that went unaired, and I couldn't find anybody that remembered it.

How do I know about it, I don't know, I remember seeing it on TV late at night. And I remember it more vividly that any other episode of the show. And what is even weirder is that, I had forgotten about this show until just a few days ago. That episode has also become the reason that I haven't been able to get proper sleep at all.

The episode starts as the others, Barb comes out of the curtain and wiggles a little to the opening tune and fake claps by the audience, talks about the recipe for that day, calls three of the audience members upon the stage, and starts the cooking while also talking with the audience and the three guests and telling us viewers about cooking, simultaneously.

About midway through the recipe, she stops, still, even the sounds of the audience stop. Looking down at the zucchini she is cutting. The view shifts to an overhead camera, she lifts the knife, *chop* she cuts the zuccini, the first time in a few minutes and goes again, *chop*. She goes on like this and reaches the end of the zucchini but the chopping doesn't stop. Soon a stream of red is seen flowing on the cutting board with her severed finger, but there is no sound except the chopping which seems to have become faster. Then a spurt of red falls on the board and a head soon drops.

The view soon reverts to Barb and the three guests with their throat cut on the kitchen table are seen. The episode ends with Barbara saying, "thank you for watching".

I'm not disturbed however, to me it is sheer curiosity, what happened? Because no news of this ever happening exists anywhere and no one seems to have seen it, no one but me. Whatever happened, I have spent a lot of time searching for answers, answers that i don't think I'll ever get. I set aside the thought and go on to prepare the dinner for tonight starting off with a zucchini.

*chop*

© Copyright 2020 JustaThought (coinreaper at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2209649-Cooking-Lessons