*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2209656-Lily-is-Thrown-into-Liturn
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Comet
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #2209656
Lily has an interesting time in a Virtual Reality game.
         “Lily! What are you doing!” Jenny shouts after me. “I’m late for school!” I yell back. “It’s Saturday!” Jenny shouts. Oh. I stop. “Sometimes, I wish you had just a bit less energy.” Jenny says as she catches up. I walk back with Jenny back to the house. “I’m going to go change.” I inform as we enter the house. “Alright, don’t forget Claire’s coming over at noon.” Jenny reminds me. “I won’t.” I say running up the stairs to my bedroom. I change into just a shirt, bra, and panties. I’m not leaving the house today so I don’t really need much else. Parents are never home, so don’t have to worry about that. Claire and I are best friends since kindergarten, so we’ve seen each other naked before. Oh, right. This is introduction time. My name is Lily. I am a normal average girl. Well, that’s what all my friends tell me. No odd quirks. Only Claire doesn’t say that. Making me believe that my other friends just don’t know me that much. Anyway, the scene you just saw. Happens just about every other week. I get onto my laptop and start browsing pictures for my background. Noon comes faster than I thought it would. I hear Claire enter my home. She’s a bit of a loud person. I wonder what she has? Because she ran up the stairs. She doesn’t do that unless I’m hurt/sick. Or she has a new game she wants to push onto me. Usually, something that I normally can’t afford. You see, Claire is from a much richer family. Upper Class, while my family is Middle Class. Sure we aren’t poor. But we can afford some things. However, her family literally has already bought her four cars. She can’t even drive yet. She busts through my bedroom door. “Please, stop doing that. We can’t fix it every time you do that.” I inform her. “I’ll pay for it later.” Claire says. I sigh. Claire’s always like this when she pushes a game onto me. “So what is it this….” I stop talking. She’s holding a VR helmet. The most expensive brand. That costs a million dollars. Not cheap even for her family. “Yes, I know. Waste of money, whatever. There’s this new game that I wanted to play with you. It’s called Every Kin Online. E.K.O. for short.” Claire says. “Alright, I’ll try it.” I say. I don’t even want to try to argue about this. “Really, not even gonna try?” Claire asks. And now she’s mocking me. “Well, no matter what I say. You’ll still give it to me regardless. So, why bother.” I answer. She sighs. “I’m sorry for pushing these games onto you. It’s just I don’t want to play alone.” Claire apologizes. That’s a first. She actually acknowledged that she’s pushing these games onto me. “Thank you for apologizing. I needed that. Anyway is there anything I should know about the game?” I ask. “Oh, uh yes. It’s an MMORPG type game. So, not like the other games I gave you.” Claire answers. After that conversation, Claire helps me set it up. It didn’t take long. “By the way, I won’t be able to play for a few days. I’ve got homework I need to catch up on. So see you then.” Claire informs. I give her a brief hug before she leaves. I look up MMORPG, as a casual gamer, I have never played this genre. Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game. Alright then, that’s new for me. Claire’s brought several Co-op games and few Multiplayer games. So playing a game with so many people is gonna be a bit different. But it sounds interesting. This is the first time I’ll play it before she does. And she’s never gonna shut up about this fact when she finds out. Not to mention Virtual Reality. That type of game is something I’ve always been curious about. However, even the cheapest headset costs about 100,000 dollars. So I didn’t think about ever getting one. Since the cost of both of my parent’s cars combined is cheaper than that. I start up the game. It transfers me to a menu screen telling me to design my character and stats. There are several races to choose from. So it’s a fantasy game.

{Choose a race.}
Human.
Elf.
Dwarf.
Beastmen.
Vampire.
Succubus.
Harpy.
Dragonkin.
Lamia.
Fairy.

Quite a bit of choices, Hmm. Not going for the human race. What do they mean about beastmen. I tap my hand on it. ‘The Beastmen race varies from tribe to tribe. Kitsune, Neko, Dog and other various species.’ The menu description reads. There’s a button to read more. But nah, Vampire and Succubus are out of the picture. Succubus for the reason of most fantasy games and books have them wearing little to almost no clothes. Even if I can get more covering clothing. I don’t want to start like that. Vampire, well. Just not my cup of tea. Harpy? Nah, wings in place of hands. No, thank you. Dwarf is too human like. Dragonkin? So like human dragons? Nah. Lamia, that’s not something you see very often in games. But, snake body to move. Nah. Fairy, is the last choice. Hmm. Well, it would be interesting to see what it’s like to be that small. Added bonus of being able to fly. I tap my option and the read more button. ‘The Fairy race are descendants of pixies. Though not as mischievous, fairies often prank other races. Unfortunately, due to recent times they have begun to decline. Unlike the high prided elves, they have asked for help. Harpies, Beastmen and Lamia are deeply indebted to Fairies. Succubus, Vampire, and Dragonkin have looked down on them for several centuries. Making a less of a good relationship between these races. Humans, Elves, and Dwarfs are interested in Fairies, however due to their different societies they don't involve themselves with Fairies. As such when a Fairy is found amongst them they are kind to them, but if other races are around. They become a little harsh. Fairies are known for their speed when flying and known for their sturdiness when on the ground. All fairies are from Greenfall Village. At least to Fairies knowledge.’ The menu description reads. I tap it again.

(Race Chosen)
Scans indicate you are female. As such you will be female in game there is no gender changing in this world.
{Character Design}

I won’t bother explaining this part. It’s like every other RPG Game anyone has ever played. I Choose my colors first. Red Hair, Eyes, and dress. Unoriginal, I know. But, why not. I’m only playing for fun. I then choose my username.


[Scarlet]

{Beginning Status}
All players are given the same amount of Attribute Points to put into stats.
This is what was decided after the Beta.
This is how your status will look to you and friends.

[Scarlet] [Level: 1]
HP: 50
MP: 20
Atk:0
Def:0



______________________
Str:0
End:0
Vit:0
Agi:0
Dex:0
Int:0
______________________

——————


Huh, interesting. It’s giving me 30 AP. Hmm. Well, I’ll always get more. I put all 30 into my Vitality. Why? Because I want to be defence based. And I can always add on to the others if I need to do so. I confirm my Status. It sends me to the first spawn location. It’s a town. I look around me. Wow, everything is so huge. Players are everywhere. It’s like I’m in a huge urban city. I check my inventory. I’m thankful I have one. I start with 1000G. I guess that G means Gold. I flap my wings. Wow, it’s like I actually know how to fly from the start. I was going to guess that I would have to learn. But, It’s more like my body is moving on its own just by my direction. Aw. maybe I do have to learn this is just so I can fly a little before I have to take full control. I fly in the direction of the shops. According to the street signs. I also have a sword and the basic armor. I check my stats. Huh, my attack went up. Probably because of my sword. And Defence is 154. So each point in Vitality is 5 points in defence. The four other points come from what I’m wearing. I see the NPC Shops, It seems there are a few player owned shops as well. I then see a shop specifically for Fairies. I quickly enter that shop. “Welcome to The Hidden Fairy. What can I help you with?” The shopkeeper says. “Um, are there healing potions here?” I ask. “Yes, The Hidden Fairy sells just about everything. Just made for fairies.” She says. “Alright, I’ll browse then.” I say. “Feel free to look about.” She says. I don’t know if she’s a player or NPC. But let’s see here. Ah, a Potion Belt for 200G and the Heal Potions are 50G each. I look at my inventory. My sword is decent for Beginner’s Gear. So is my armor. I don’t think I’ll need to buy anything else for now. I bring up the Potion Belt and four Heal Potions. I pay the 400G to the Shopkeeper. “Thank you for your patronage!” She says as I leave. I put on the Potion Belt and stick two potions in its inventory slots. I put the other two in my inventory. I suppose I probably didn’t need the belt. But it’s good to have. It means quick access to healing items. I fly back to the spawn area. On a bulletin board there’s a Map of the City. And directions to the Guild. I’m guessing you have to register with them if you want to be an adventurer. I land on a nearby bench. I look to my inventory again. I missed it the last time. But there’s a note. ‘Go to the Guild. As Fairies are required to register to be an adventurer.’ It reads. But just as I am about get to flying a shadow covers the sunlight. Someone’s about to sit down. On me. Maybe choosing to be a fairy was a bad idea. I don’t get away in time. And get stuck underneath them. Fortunately, them sitting onto me didn’t hurt. I also didn’t lose any health, so there’s that. But I can’t move. “Hello! Can you please get off of me!” I shout. Whoever sat on me hears me and gets up. Then looks at me. “Oh, sorry. I didn’t know you were there.” She apologizes. I fly into a hover mode for a short time. I get too tired to keep flying. Good to know, I can’t just fly everywhere there’s a limit. “No, It was my fault for staying in such a place.” I say. “So you chose the Fairy race? Don’t you know how unpopular it is?” She asks. “No, I just got into this game. Not to mention it’s my first time playing a game like this.” I answer. She sits down next to me. “First time playing VR?” She asks. “Yes, but I also meant it’s my first time playing an MMORPG.” I answer. “Really?” She asks with wide eyes. “Yes.” I answer. “Um, what is your name?” She asks. “Scarlet, yours?” I ask. “Maria.” She answers. “So still level one?” Maria asks. “Yep, I need to go to the Guild.” I say. “Why? Aren’t you already an adventurer? I thought everyone starts as one?” Maria asks. “No, I have a note in my inventory that states that all Fairies must register.” I answer. “Oh, well that’s weird. I didn’t have to do that.” Maria says. “Um, could I pick you up?” Maria asks. “Why?” I ask a little frightened. “Sorry, I shouldn’t have asked that.” Maria says. “Um, what where you gonna do with me once you picked me up?” I ask. “Um, just wanted to help you get to the Guild faster.” Maria says. I check my menu. There’s a friend list. “Um, could I be your friend?” I ask. “Sure.” Maria says. I send her a friend request. And she accepts it. “Sure, you can pick me up. Just.. be gentle please.” I answer. “Alright.” Maria says. Maria carefully wraps her hand around me. And lifts me up. Maria then gently drops me into a shirt pocket. “Thank you.” I say. “Your welcome. I’ll stay with you for just a little longer. To help with a few things.” Maria says. She gets up and starts walking to the Guild. “So, why did you choose Fairy?” Maria asks. “Well, because I thought it would be interesting. I didn’t want anything too like a normal human. So most of the races were out from the start. I almost thought about Lamia, however I didn’t want to have to deal with a snake like body to deal with. Especially for body movement. So I chose this race. Being able to fly, and seeing from a different point of view.” I answer. “I’m only playing for fun so I don’t really care for the disadvantages about this race gameplay wise.” I state. “Scarlet, would you like to play at a party on a later day?” Maria asks. “Sure, just not too late. My friend is coming to play in a few days and she’s the reason I’m even playing.” I answer. “In what way?” Maria asks. “She bought the VR Headset and game. She’s done this kinda stuff before. What I mean is I didn’t know she was going to do this. She just does.” I answer. “So, she pushed this game onto you?” Maria asks. “Yep.” I answer. “That sounds like a sister I have. She’s always pushing games onto one of her friends.” Maria says. “Ah, we’ve arrived.” Maria reacts. She enters the Guild and walks up to what seems to be the front desk. “Ah, Maria. What is it today?” The receptionist says. “Um, I’m just helping a new friend register.” Maria says pointing to me. “Ah, I see.” She says. I fly out and land on the desk. She gets a fairy-sized pen, documents and seal stamp. I check my place of origin via the menu. After doing the paperwork I had it back. “With this you are now an adventurer. Here is you guild card.” She says. She explains the basics of the guild. “Everyone starts at G-Rank. And the Highest Rank is A. Well it’s actually S. But A is the highest anyone can get to normally.” She explains. Just as I’m about to go back into Maria’s shirt pocket. A vampire girl shoves her out of their way. Not for the receptionist, but me. She roughly grabs me. “Hey!” I shout. “Sarah?” Maria asks in a stern tone. Her eyes widen. “Yes, Maria?” Sarah asks frightened. “How about you put my new friend down?” Maria asks. Sarah gently puts me down. Then runs out the door. This game does have simulated pain. Not to extreme levels. But enough. My wings hurt. I look to my status. I lost half my HP. I use one of the potions I bought. I never thought I’d get hurt before even fighting a monster. “Are you okay?” Maria asks. “I am now.” I say quietly. She gently picks me up and hugs me. “Thank you.” I say. After a brief moment I pick out my first commission. ‘Kill 5 Forest Rabbits’ Is what I chose. “Well, this is as much as I can help you. As I’m a higher level player. If I come with it would only make the commission harder. So, see you later.” Maria explains. “Thanks for all the help.” I say. Maria leaves. I leave to the middle square again. I see the area I’m supposed to go to on the town map. It’s to the southeast of the city. The Silver Fields. They spawn there. I fly towards my destination. There’s so many things to explore in this town. So many shops, Inns, restaurants, and even a few schools. While flying I decide to experiment around with the flying mechanics. I fly higher, faster and slower. To gauge how flying works. I’m getting used to this. It seems the restrictive flying from earlier is now removed. Oops, I almost forgot about the Commission. Flying may just be a bit too fun. Now that I’ve got flying down for the most part. I fly above the buildings in the town and head straight towards the Silver Lands. The beginner’s area.
         Damn, no one’s on today. Right, let me explain. I’m Anna, at least that’s my name in real life. I’m playing Every Kin Online. An VRMMORPG. My name here is Maria. And I’m on the frontlines. Unfortunately, who I normally play with is busy today. And we just hit a dungeon that requires you to party up. Anyway, I spawn in Rimewich. The first town. I walk over to one of the many benches. I sigh. ‘Of course I’m the only one online right now.’ I think. I sit down. And immediately hear someone shouting. “Hello! Can you please get off of me!” What? I get up and turn around. Someone actually plays as the Fairy Race? See this game has many races to choose from. The Fairy Race is unpopular to say at the least. “Oh, sorry. I didn’t know you were there.” I apologize. She starts to fly into a hover mode before falling back down. I was thinking that she was hurt. But I saw her health bar. No damage. So she must’ve just been tired. “No, It was my fault for staying in such a place.” She responds. I guess? But really I should’ve paid attention. Right, no one chooses the Fairy Race. So I wouldn’t have tried. But that’s got me curious. “So you chose the Fairy race? Don’t you know how unpopular it is?” I asks. “No, I just got into this game. Not to mention it’s my first time playing a game like this.” She answers. First time? Must be her first VR game. I sit down next to her carefully. I don’t want to accidentally sit on her again. “First time playing VR?” I ask. “Yes, but I also meant it’s my first time playing an MMORPG.” She answers. Wait, what? “Really?” I ask shocked. Never played a MMO before this? That’s practically unheard of. “Yes.” She answers. Oops, um better late than never. I’ll ask her name. “Um, what is your name?” I ask. “Scarlet, yours?” Scarlet asks. Scarlet, huh. Well she does have red hair, eyes and even her dress is slightly red. “Maria.” I answer. From the looks of it she just started playing. “So still level one?” I ask. “Yep, I need to go to the Guild.” Scarlet answers. For what purpose? The beginner area should be the first place anyone should go. Wait, maybe she had to Register? But, everyone should be registered from the start. “Why? Aren’t you already an adventurer? I thought everyone starts as one?” I ask. “No, I have a note in my inventory that states that all Fairies must register.” Scarlet answers. Really? “Oh, well that’s weird. I didn’t have to do that.” I react. Since she must be tired I should offer some help. “Um, could I pick you up?” I ask. “Why?” Scarlet asks with a scared face. Right, I forgot. She would be scared at that prospect. After all. Being grabbed by someone and not being able to move is frightening in real life. It would be here too, I’ll apologize. “Sorry, I shouldn’t have asked that.” I apologize. “Um, what where you gonna do with me once you picked me up?” Scarlet asks. “Um, just wanted to help you get to the Guild faster.” I answer. I wonder what she’s thinking. “Um, could I be your friend?” Scarlet asks. I don’t see why not. She’s much different to just about everyone else I’ve ever played with. It’s refreshing. “Sure.” I answer. Scarlet sends a friend request. I of course accept. “Sure, you can pick me up. Just... be gentle please.” Scarlet answers my original question. She must’ve wanted to make sure I was trustworthy before doing something like this. “Alright.” I say. I carefully wrap my hand around Scarlet, I don’t want to hurt her by squeezing too hard after all. I then lift her above my breast pocket. Glad I’m wearing something with pockets today. Otherwise I’d have to place her in my bosom as I have no other place to put her. I don’t think she’d like that. Anyway, I gently drop her into my breast pocket. “Thank you.” Scarlet says. “Your welcome. I’ll stay with you for just a little longer. To help with a few things.” I respond. I start walking to the Guild. “So, why did you choose Fairy?” I ask. “Well, because I thought it would be interesting. I didn’t want anything too like a normal human. So most of the races were out from the start. I almost thought about Lamia, however I didn’t want to have to deal with a snake like body to deal with. Especially for body movement. So I chose this race. Being able to fly, and seeing from a different point of view. I’m only playing for fun so I don’t really care for the disadvantages about this race gameplay wise.” Scarlet states. That’s really interesting. She’s much different to any gamer I know. Not to mention the sound reasoning. From my guess, Succubus would be too exposing. Vampire would be revolting. Human, well we are all humans in real life. So not very interesting. Dwarf, too human like. Elves can be viewed the same way. But the high pride of them could also be an answer. Beastmen, basically humans with animal parts. Harpy, well wings for hands. That’s the main reason it’s not popular. Dragonkin, just too different. I’ll invite her later. “Scarlet, would you like to play at a party on a later day?” I ask. “Sure, just not too late. My friend is coming to play in a few days and she’s the reason I’m even playing.” Scarlet answers. Really, I hope that doesn’t mean after this she’ll only play if her friend is online. I know that is how I play right now. But that’s only because of this mandatory dungeon we got to do on the frontlines. “In what way?” I ask. “She bought the VR Headset and game. She’s done this kinda stuff before. What I mean is I didn’t know she was going to do this. She just does.” I answer. Hmm, couldn’t be. “So, she pushed this game onto you?” I ask. “Yep.” Scarlet answers. “That sounds like a sister I have. She’s always pushing games onto one of her friends.” I say. Seriously, she needs to give Lily a break. Lily, has probably gotten tons of headaches from her. We arrive at the front of the Guild building. “Ah, we’ve arrived.” I inform Scarlet. I enter the Guild and walk up to the Receptionist Counter. “Ah, Maria. What is it today?” Mika asks. Mika is one of the very few players that get to work as Guild Staff. She’s a Kitsune. “Um, I’m just helping a new friend register.” I answer pointing to Scarlet. “Ah, I see.” Mika replies. Scarlet flies out of my breast pocket and lands on the counter. Mika gets a few fairy-sized objects to help Scarlet through Registration. Scarlet quickly does the paperwork. And Mika explains how the Guild System works. “With this you are now an adventurer. Here is you guild card. Everyone starts at G-Rank. And the Highest Rank is A. Well it’s actually S. But A is the highest anyone can get to normally.” Mika explains. I’m thrown aside by someone. I hear Scarlet shout “Hey!” and immediately let some bloodlust out. I see Sarah, one of the most reckless frontliners. Harming Scarlet. She’s crushing her. She does this to the Fairy NPC’s on the frontline. But they are around our level and treat this as a sign of respect. However, Scarlet is a level one player. So she’s killing her right now. I make coat my voice in the most amount of bloodlust I can do without scaring Scarlet. “Sarah?” I ask fiercely. Her eyes widen. “Yes, Maria?” Sarah asks frightened. “How about you put my new friend down?” I ask. Sarah carefully puts Scarlet back on the desk. Then bolts it out of the Guild. I look back at Scarlet to make sure she’s okay. From the looks of it, Sarah damaged her wings. Understatement, she tore her wings. She uses a heal potion from her potion belt. So she’s bought one of those. She looks shocked, at least it’s better than the look she gave after having her wings torn. “Are you okay?” I ask. “I am now.” Scarlet mumbles. I pick her up carefully and gently hug Scarlet. “Thank you.” Scarlet says. We hug like that for about a minute. Then Scarlet chooses her first Commission. ‘Kill 5 Forest Rabbits’ Basic but simple Commission. Right, I can’t help her with this. “Well, this is as much as I can help you. As I’m a higher level player. If I come with it would only make the commission harder. So, see you later.” I explain. “Thanks for all the help.” Scarlet replies. I leave with a smile on my face. Now, to go find Sarah and give her a lecture. I text one of my friends. They got on while I was with Scarlet. I do hope Scarlet is gonna be okay. While the Silver Lands is a Beginner Area. She’s still so small. I’ll check on her later. Time to go find Sarah.
         I made it to the Silver Lands. I can’t tell whether my luck is good or bad. I’m surrounded by 5 Forest Rabbits. Already, I just arrived. One of them attack. But I’m too slow. I close my eyes. All that effort for nothing. But I don’t feel any pain, in fact I just heard the sound of me completing my Commission. I reopen my eyes. The Rabbits, killed themselves upon me. At least that’s all I can figure out. There’s my body-shaped holes in all of them. I also gained two levels. I gain 10 AP per level, that’s good to know. Hmm, this may not be as hard as I thought it would be. I spot more rabbits, however they must’ve saw what happened. Because they’re running from me. Anyway with how my stats are, I’m not gonna catch them any time soon. I look to the nearby forest. Hmm. I wonder what is in there. There’s like a certain energy pulling me to that forest. I look down only to notice there was a shadow expanding over the area I was. I look up just in time to see a hawk’s talon. It grabs me and starts flying into the forest. Nevermind, I have bad luck. I stab it in the talon that’s holding me. Right, bright move. I fall into the forest. As for how high I had fallen. I actually didn’t take any damage. Hmm. Curious. I want to check my status. However, I’m now in a forest. One that should have a lot of enemies in it. And I am right about that assumption. Before I could even move after getting up. A snake darts to my location. I don’t even react in time. It swallowed me whole. I’m not taking any damage though. I am inside of it. However it seems to think I’m already dead. You know what, I’m not taking damage. No one else is gonna attack me now. Thanks, Mr. Snake. I now can check my stats.

[Scarlet] [Level: 3]
HP: 60
MP: 22
Atk: 10 (+10)
Def: 270 (+20)
______________________
Str: 0
End: 0
Vit: 30
Agi: 0
Dex: 0
Int: 0
______________________
AP:20

Fairy Aura
This skill is granted to specific Fairies that are pure-hearted. It allows the use of your Fairy Mana. Fairy Mana can be used to power spells and attack power. It will give your body extra toughness when needed. All spells and attacks that it powers must be no more than 1 feet away.

——————


[Adamantite Body]
This title is granted upon Killing 5 enemies with your Defence, and did not attack while doing so. +100 Defence

[Fearless Prey]
This title is granted to those who are eaten alive and still alive while in the predator. +50% Damage to Predators of your Race.

So that’s how Titles work. Hmm, I better use those AP to balance myself out a bit. This is what my Stats look like after AP distribution.

[Scarlet] [Level: 3]
HP: 85
MP: 24
Atk: 20 (+10)
Def: 295 (+20)
______________________
Str: 5
End: 5
Vit: 35
Agi: 2
Dex: 2
Int: 1
______________________
AP:0

Alright, that looks a little better. I use my sword to cut my way out of the Snakes stomach. It dies as a result. And then I gain 4 more levels. What? I check the snake’s name.

{Mother of Garden Snakes} [Rare] (Level: 10) Status: Deceased.

I killed a Rare enemy? That’s a thing? I flap my wings and hover off the ground. Good, maybe I can get out of…. Actually, where am I? Suddenly a giant boar appears and rushes me. ‘Fan fucking tastic. Just how bad is my luck. An idea pops into my head. I dodge at the last moment and stick my blade into it. Its momentum lets my blade cut all the way through it. And the boar dies. What really? I thought this would be a hard fight. I’m not complaining, just surprised. Anyway, I embark on my journey to find an exit. I fly aimlessly throughout the forest. That is until I spot a fairy village. Let’s go ask for directions. But once I enter the village, the people seem to be turned to stone. Since I’m in a safe place, I’m gonna use my AP once again.

[Scarlet] [Level: 7]
HP: 130
MP: 44
Atk: 30 (+10)
Def: 320 (+20)
______________________
Str: 10
End: 10
Vit: 40
Agi: 10
Dex: 10
Int: 10
______________________
AP:0

Well, I feel a little better. My stats are now balanced and reasonable. I explore this newfound village. I get to an intersection. It’s so beautiful. All the buildings are made of bright sparkly crystals, the path is made up of gemstones and the trees seem to be made out of some kind of precious metal. I hear a noise. I pull out my sword. It seems to be coming from an alley behind on of the abandoned stores. I slowly approach that area. I turn that corner and is immediately tackled to the ground. I almost use my weapon. But, it’s a child. My race. I drop the sword. “Hello?” I say. “Huh? Adult?” She says. A few other children come out. “Liliah, what did you find?” A royal looking child says. “An adult.” Liliah answers. “Um, can you get off?” I ask. She does so. I pick up and sheath my sword. “Why are you here?” The royal looking child asks. “I found this place. I didn’t know there were other villages besides my own. So when I found this place it peaked my curiosity. I was exploring.” I answer. I see the state of clothing everyone has. “I’m Lantana, I’m the leader of everybody who’s left. Can you come with us?” Lantara asks. “Sure.” I answer. Lantara guides me to where they live. A cave within one of the Trees. “Adult?” a bunch of them say confused. “So, where are you from?” Lantara asks. “Um, Greenfall Village.” I answer. “So, other villages still exist?” Lantara asks. “As far as we know, we’re the only village left.” I answer. “I see. So are you an adventurer?” Lantara asks. “Yes. though I only started today.” I answer. “Everyone! I’m going to talk to the adult elsewhere.” Lantara yells to the others. She brings me to her house? I suppose that’s what this is. She gestures for me to sit down on a chair. I do so. “I know this might be too much to ask of you. But can you find out what has happened to our queen?” She asks. A Commission pops up into my face.

(Restore The Country of The Fairies.) [Yes/No]

I select yes. “Of course. I may not be the best of adventurers to ask. But, I cannot refuse. I will be happy to help.” I answer. “Thank you.” She says. Then hugs me. I hug back. “Alright, where should I go first?” I ask. “The Castle, it’s the largest building in the city. Be careful, some monsters have moved into that area of the city.” She says. “Alright.” I say. I leave her house and where these children live. I see the Castle in the distance. I flap my wings. Let’s go, do my best. With how those children looked, I cannot fail. I know I just started this game. But, No matter how weak I might be. How this VR feels. I can’t help but feel that this is real. No matter if I was fairy or not. I would’ve accepted this Commission. I feel warmth within my heart. I begin to fly to my next Commission location.
         I find Sarah hiding in the Copper Moon Inn. “Sarah!” I yell. Everyone leaves her side. “Y-yes? M-maria?” Sarah says shakily. I go over to her and sit down. “Stop being such a scaredy cat. I’m only here to tell you not to harm that fairy again. She’s a low level player, not an NPC.” I answer. “She is? I better say sorry.” Sarah says. “Not, right now. She’s doing her first Commissions. Also, Sarah. Sorry for yelling at you with that much bloodlust. I was just trying to get to stop harming her.” I say. “Alright.” Sarah says. I sigh. I leave the Inn. I wonder where Scarlet is. I check the map. She’s not in town. Or the Silver Lands. Please don’t be where I think you are. I look at the Stratwood Highlands. Thank goodness she isn’t there. I then look at the Fragmented Forest. She’s there, not good. That place is not a beginner area. She’s moving rather strangely. Like she’s in a town or city. But there are no villages in that area. Hmm, I should go help her. Dying in this game is not a pleasant experience. I start walking there, it’s not a place that is easy to traverse. I’d get lost if I just ran in there. I look back to the map. She’s in a Marathon Battle?! Nevermind the going slow, I need to get there now. I start running to the forest.
         This isn’t a village, it’s a city. It’s huge compared to even the beginner town. Which is apparently named Rimewich. The atmosphere of this place feels creepy. I see some of the monsters Lantara mentioned. They look like fairies. But somehow just not right. And they notice me. I barely dodge some darkness magic. At least that’s what I assume it is. Well, this is gonna be hard. I don’t have any ranged attacks. “Come out.” One of those things speak. “We just want to play.” Another speaks. Their voices are horrifying. NO. I can’t abandon this commission. I must help those children. Be brave for them. I feel the warmfulness from my heart spread all over my body. My sword starts glowing. Is this magic? I fly into a very low hover. Time to attack. I speed through the air and hit the first monster. It doesn’t hurt it. But then my warmfulness directs me to them. Hmm? I feel like I want to hug them. Against my better judgement I hug the next one I see. I let them go. It’s a fairy. The monsters are corrupted fairies. I cured her by hugging her. I see multiple of them. I touch one’s shoulder it cures them. I must do this to all of them I meet. I realize what I just did beforehand. I almost killed one of my own kind. I start the curing process with everyone of them I meet. Some of them start waking up. “You, saved us. Thank you.” One says. I nod my head. I leave that area and start the curing process again. Until I’m exhausted. I fall over. “NO, I must save them.” I say. I try to get up. I feel that warmfulness pulse out of my body and into the surrounding area. I pass out.
         I run into the Fragmented Forest and start heading into the direction of Scarlet. I see a body of the Mother of all Garden Snakes. Did she kill this? It’s one of the rarest monsters in this area. Then right next to it is a Common Boar. I take both bodies into my storage. She can have them if she did kill them. I start running again. I hope I'm not too late.
         I wake up in a bed. “Where am I?” I ask myself. “Just the palace.” A female voice says next to me. “Are you okay?” She asks. “I think so. Wait, I need to get-” I’m interrupted. “No, with that last bit of your Aura you cured everyone in the city.” That female voice says. I look to her. “Who are you?” I ask. “My name is Lilah. I’m one of the few Royal Fairies left.” Lilah answers. “Before you say anything, you are not leaving bed until you are well. You need rest. Understood?” Lilah asks. “Yes.” I answer. She makes me drink a health potion. I see that I’m naked. “Where is my stuff?” I ask. “It’s in the closet. After you are rested come into the throne room. We still need your help.” Lilah answers. I check my stats.


[Scarlet] [Level: 20]
HP: 195
MP: 57
Atk: 30 (+10)
Def: 320 (+20)
______________________
Str: 10
End: 10
Vit: 40
Agi: 10
Dex: 10
Int: 10
______________________
AP:300

Holy shit!? I leveled so much. Shouldn’t I only have 130 AP. Hmm? Oh, I get it. At each multiple of ten I get 100 AP instead of 10 AP. Alright then. Time to get my stats up. I’ll just do it the easy way.

[Scarlet] [Level: 20]
HP: 495
MP: 177
Atk: 150 (+10)
Def: 620 (+20)
______________________
Str: 70
End: 70
Vit: 100
Agi: 70
Dex: 70
Int: 70
______________________
AP:0

There Now I actually feel like I can survive most areas around here. After upping my stats I feel rested. I get up and get to the closet. Then get on my clothing. It felt weird having to put on my bra as I did make it smaller than my actual body. I mean most girls want their breasts to be bigger. But me, no there just fine. I don’t need a bigger bust. I see how Claire knocks things over with hers. And I don’t want that kind of trouble. Anyway after getting dressed I go to the throne room.
         I spot a Fairy Village. I didn’t think there were many of those anymore. Not to mention, even the game tells you that the only known village left is Greenfall Village. Hmm. I walk up to the entrance. “Hello? I’m looking for friend did she come here?” I ask in a lower voice. A Guard comes out. “What do you want, Human!” She yells. “I’m only here because I felt one of my adventure friends fall. She’s a fairy. I just wanted to know if she came here.” I ask. “Do you mean Scarlet?” A female Fairy asks. “Yes, is she okay?” I ask. “She is fine. She just used up all of her Fairy Aura to cure this city. You see this city was under a curse, I asked her to help. She is in the palace, right now resting.” This Fairy answers. “Oh, thank goodness.” I say relieved. “I’ll just wait for her here.” I say. “What is your name?” She asks. “Maria.” I answer. “Alright, I’ll tell her you’re here. My name is Lantara.” Lantara says. I make a camp a little away from the entrance of their city. She must’ve had a hard time. I could see why see tried so hard though. Most people who just experienced VR will see that these NPCs are almost alive. Meaning she probably found survivors and really wanted to help them out. That and seems like the person to do that even if she wasn’t a Fairy. I start cooking lunch. Food in this game obviously does not help your real body. But the devs made a hunger system in this game. Not a hardcore one. Just enough to make it necessary to eat everyday. I make some Lightrope Hawk meat for lunch. “Maria? Is that what I think it is?” Lantara asks. I didn’t expect her to come to my camp. “Yes, it’s the hawk that normally eats your kind. This is one of the things I was worried about when leaving her to complete the commission alone.” I answer. “Let me guess, More powerful monster still come when more powerful adventurers come. I wish that had changed after the years had passed. Anyway, I notified Scarlet. After this last job we need help with she’ll come out to see you.” Lantara informs. “Alright.” I say. Then start eating.
         When I get there Lantara comes in. “Ah, Scarlet. A human named Maria is outside the city waiting for you. She said she felt you collapse and came running.” Lantara informs. “Alright, tell her that I’ll meet you after this last job.” I say. She hurries out of the throne room. I walk up to Lilah. “So, what is that job?” I ask. “Sorry for lying to you. But, not everyone was cured. Queen Titania, needs direct contact for a cure to work. Unfortunately, the one who cursed us in the first place has possessed our queen. Right before her she became possessed Titania sealed herself in her own room. We have to unseal her to cure her. This will be hard, but please do not harm Titania. Even if that is the only way that she says herself. We don’t want to lose our queen. Please.” Lilah answers. “Alright, I won’t.” I say. “Then come with me.” Lilah says. I put my sword leaning against the wall. “You’d go that far? I now you are listening to my request, but not even something to block attacks?” Lilah asks. “I don’t need it. Even if I die, this for the better of our kind. Not to mention, I don’t want to reflexively attack her. So I’m better of leaving it behind.” I say. If I have to endure pain to make her come back then I will do so. You don’t understand, the village I was born in thought that we were the last of the Fairies. I’m more than happy to help. That and you didn’t have to see some of the children here when everyone was cursed. If I can finish this job for everyone, but have to die then so be it. I feel this warmth within my heart telling me everything will go fine. I will trust that.” I answer. I’m roleplaying, but that warmth is still there. It really is telling me that. Besides, everyone here feels like a real person. I can’t just leave after hearing the desperation in Lilah’s voice. Lilah leads me to Titania’s room. She unseals it and I rush in. “I’m free! Nevermind, let me guess. Here to save the Queen. “No, not just ‘The Queen’ I’m here to save Titania.” I say. Tears appear in her eyes. “You better run. Little bitch.” It says. I walk up to her and hug her. “What are you doing? Curing her. Hah.” It says. It throws me across the room. Then keeps attacking me cutting every part of my body. I get back up. And shamble over to her. It then cuts off all my clothes and starts torture on my wings. I scream. This is extreme pain for this game. “NO, no matter how many times you harm me I will never stop. I will save Titania.” I say. I limp over to her. And hug into her. “STOP, you little bug!” It says. It whips me, claws me and then tears my wings off. I fall into her more. “You can kill me. I’ll never stop.” I say. “What?! No, how’d you get control?!” it says. Titania rips her clothes off. My skin touches hers. “AHHHGGG!” It screams. I pass out from my wounds. I wake up in a bed for the second time this play session. I try to move. “No, don’t move yet. Your body is still recovering. I’ve already given you a healing potion. So that won’t help.” A female voice says. Titania enters my vision. “Thank you for saving me. Right now you might want to go back to sleep, it won’t be for a while that you will be fully recovered.” Titania says. “Alright.” I respond. She leaves and turns off the light. I use the menu to message Maria. {(Sorry, but I’m gonna have to get off. My in game body needs rest. I just had a really hard event. I might see you tomorrow.)} I I send her the message. I check my Stats.


[Scarlet] [Level: 20]
HP: 78/495
MP: 177
Atk: 150 (+10)
Def: 620 (+20)
______________________
Str: 70
End: 70
Vit: 100
Agi: 70
Dex: 70
Int: 70
______________________
AP:300

Holy crap, I’m almost dead. I wonder how I got 300 AP though. I’ll worry about that later. I log off. I take off my headset. I yawn. Jenny comes into my room. “You’ve been on there for hours, come down and get something to eat.” Jenny says. Jenny hugs me. “I’ve missed you all day.” Jenny says. I hug back. “Sorry, it’s just for once the game she brought really interested me.” I apologize. “I’m going over to Claire’s tomorrow. Anna, wants me to play with her on a game. It’s VR just like your is, so I understand.” Jenny says.
© Copyright 2020 Comet (comet2dash at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2209656-Lily-is-Thrown-into-Liturn