*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2210076-Lost-Friend
by bas
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2210076
Friendship or love
"Can we please try to find a solution ?" Shruthi's mobile lit up as Arun's message popped on the screen, two days after the last message they had exchanged. Shruthi continued with her day, ignoring that and all the other messages that followed from Arun. It hurt, ignoring someone who was the most important part of her life, knowing that things were never going to be the same again.

A friendship that both cherished from their childhood had hit the biggest hurdle on Shurthi's 20th birthday with Arun professing his love for her.

"No Arun" Shruthi had looked away, realizing this was going to change everything between them "you are going the wrong way" she had tried to make him understand "let us not spoil our friendship" a request that seemed to fall on deaf ears.

"Come on Shruthi, we know each other so well, we love spending time together" as Arun continued his efforts to convince her that they would be great together.

The talk turned to a heated discussion and then into a heated argument ending with "Arun, you just ended the best thing we had". were the last word she had spoken to him and was sure would be the last ones for a long time to come.


Written for the prompt " you are going the wrong way":

Daily Flash Fiction Challenge  (13+)
Enter your story of 300 words or less.
#896794 by Arakun the Twisted Raccoon
© Copyright 2020 bas (ba_satish at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2210076-Lost-Friend