*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2210314-Entry-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Fantasy · #2210314
Entry 2 of Rayla's diary
Entry 2: 28/7/464 – Rayla’s Diary

A bit about me

I’m very sorry, diary, I have realised I haven’t spoken about my journey or why I’m making this diary (I didn’t really say much in my first entry anyway!) My name is Rayla Valour, explorer extraordinaire (or so I hope when my diary is published), plus, I’m learning how to powercast. I am exploring the wild, hoping to discover more about the species around our world. I notice that too many people are interested in the latest technology, illegal alchemy, and all of the branded powercasting stones (which turn out just to be overpriced rubbish that they still eat up).

I have ventured out to the rougeland to explore the creatures that I’ve only ever seen drawings of. My last experience was with the Ringlar and their intimidation tactics. We have learnt a lot about some other specific species so unless I get a strange or exciting encounter with them then I won’t attempt to talk about them (I don’t want to fill my diary up with useless knowledge.)

I have brought with me a good amount of supplies, enough to last me a few weeks at least and, if I feel that I want to, I may go out and scavenge for food to emulate the experience of being an early munha with the added bonus of knowledge of how to powercast.

Today I was mostly setting up a campfire that I can use nightly and rehearsing my cloaking spells so I know them off by heart. I use these cloaking spells to get as close as I can to the creatures to notice their daily activity. I am quite new to powercasting so they don’t always work and that’s why I have to consult my book every few times to remember it. Luckily, I am well built (in my opinion) so I can handle a lot of what life throws at me so I didn’t pack any armour that would be loud or heavy so I didn’t pack any armour that would be loud or heavy.

I bid you farewell and I will see you in the next one (hopefully.)
© Copyright 2020 Championrqr (championrar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2210314-Entry-2