*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2210933-Big-Thoughts
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2210933
Flash Fiction
Big Thoughts

“Do you see that?”

“That floppy thing?”

“Yes, with the marks on it. It means something.”

“Sure...”

“No, really. I’ve seen them before. They change all the time and the squiggles change. That’s how I know they mean something. If they didn’t mean different things, why would the squiggles change?”

“Well?”

“Well what?”

“What does it mean?”

“I haven’t figured out that part yet. But, if we knew what the squiggles meant, maybe we could quit this job and do something fun.”

“Listen Frank, I only agreed to partner with you because nobody else would. If you aren’t careful I’ll dump you too and you’ll be an outcast. I like you, but I’m not putting up with your shenanigans. If we don’t find some food soon we’re gonna be here all night! We can’t go back empty handed!”

“Ok, fine. But I know those squiggles mean something. Someday I’m gonna figure out what.”

The small mouse looked back wistfully at the squiggles. Today the squiggles said, “Alex, Apple pie in the box on the counter!”
© Copyright 2020 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2210933-Big-Thoughts