*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2210950-Dear-me
by Sumojo
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Activity · #2210950
A letter to self
Dear me,
Here we go again, another year to make my mark on. It seems each time another January comes around, hope springs eternal, only to have my hopes dashed.
I need to realise that what derailed me in the past, have been the actions of others in my life. This year I'm determined to not allow that to happen and to put myself first.

I promise to make the time to do what I want and plan to do. I’ve made a good start by booking that trip to see my family in England in May, something I've put off for the ten years.

I've committed to ‘I write 2020’, and to the Blogging Challenge, which is a little daunting as I’m not usually good at commitment but it’s something I need to do to get myself into the habit of writing, at least something, every day. Reviewing more is also something I intend to do, being part of ‘I write 2020’, will help with that.

Health is important, I’ve started walking every day again and I promise myself to continue the habit. I promise I’ll carry on with my new eating regime. A low carbohydrate, no sugar diet, as I know it’s beneficial for my autoimmune condition.
John is having open heart surgery in three weeks and although it will be a difficult time but we will get through it by working together and keeping positive.

Family problems have impacted badly on me in the past but this year I’m determined to not get so involved, to stick to the rules I’ve already put in place.

I promise myself to be a better friend and neighbour, to keep in touch with the ones who call and ask how I am, to return calls straight away.

Okay then self, have a great year, keep positive and find something to smile about every day.










© Copyright 2020 Sumojo (sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2210950-Dear-me