*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2211012-If-You-Cant-Dream-Youll-Scream
Rated: 13+ · Monologue · Satire · #2211012
MLK Jr's "I have a dream" speech, in homage, not a blasphemous parody. Hopefully.
I have a dream that one day this nature will writhe up and grow out the true meaning of its being: "Trees hold these truths to be evident, that all man creates nature undoes equally."

I have a dream that one day the red flames of fires, the ashes of the burns and charred former remains will be able to settle down together on a floor of regeneration.

I have a dream that one day even the states of minds, sweltering with the heat of consumption, sweltering with the heat of waste, will be transformed into an oasis free of injustice.

I have a dream, not every, but some days!

I have a dream that one day, from the bottom of Antarctica, with its viciously disappearing glaciers, to the top of the Arctic dripping with the runoff caused by "greenhouse gases" and "evaporation" -- one day right there in between, little black ants and blackbirds will be able to live without hands interfering in their lives. Little white clouds and white crests will keep on as slack and flow.

I have a dream mkay!

Let extinction ring!
© Copyright 2020 Melisscious (melisscious at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2211012-If-You-Cant-Dream-Youll-Scream