*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2211931-Casper
Rated: E · Fiction · Animal · #2211931
Flash fiction
“It came out of nowhere.” Janice was in tears looking down at the matted fur, the staring eyes.

"It wasn't your fault honey. It was the fault of the owner for letting it wander."

"Is it wearing a tag?"

Dave looked closer. "No collar. We'd better move it off the road."

"Don't we have to tell someone; the police maybe?"

"Ye, you do have to tell the police; tell 'em why you were driving so fast in a residential area. It coulda been a kid you hit. You with your fancy 4x4." The irate onlooker did nothing for Janice's nerves.

"D'you know whose dog it is?" Dave asked the onlooker.

"Not a scooby." The woman walked off dragging her shopping trolley.

"We should take it to a vet," Dave suggested.

"Don't you think it's a bit late for that?"

"It could be microchipped."

"Casper!" the little girl shouted as she ran up the street. "Oh!" She saw the body of her beloved yorkie. "I told you this would happen if you kept running off you stupid mutt." The tears were streaming as she knelt beside the ball of fur. "I'm sorry mister, missus. It's not your fault this stupid dog won't listen."

202 words
© Copyright 2020 Odessa Molinari (omstar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2211931-Casper