*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2212179-Mistaken-Identity
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2212179
Daily Flash Fiction Contest, 300 words... winner! 2/5
Sara glared over her glasses at the man, her head still bent over her phone.

"Can I help you?"

He licked his lips. "You're that girl, aren't you? That girl from the internet..."

The other passengers on the train looked up curiously from their phones and their Kindles.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"You can't fool me," he said, pleased with himself. "You're that girl who did that trick with the ping-pong balls, right?!"

Sara tried to look nonchalant as she sighed and stuffed her phone in her pocket. She knew this would happen one day.

"I don't know the trick you're talking about, but if it means what I think it does, then no. I am definitely not that girl."

He was full-on smirking now. "You know what I'm talking about, right?" He nudged a handsome man reading a book nearby. "The girl from the internet??"

The man looked from Sara to her admirer and smiled. "I think I do. But I'm pretty sure she's not that girl."

"No, really, look!" He took out his phone and tapped furiously.

Sara felt her face flush. "This is gonna be humiliating..." She thought.

Triumphantly, he showed them a woman who looked a lot like Sara bouncing ping pong balls off elaborately set obstacles, landing them in a series of red Solo cups.

"Oh!" She exclaimed loudly. "You totally caught me, I really didn't want the attention but yes, that's me."

"I knew it!" The man exclaimed. "You're awesome!"

The train slowed to a stop. "I can't wait to tell everyone I met you!" He waved as he exited the train.

Sara let out a sigh of relief. The handsome young man with the book leaned in, whispering "Your ping pong secret is safe with me."

He smiled and winked.











© Copyright 2020 trailerpark bodhisattva (lollycrow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2212179-Mistaken-Identity