*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2212216-Witch-Hazel
Rated: E · Short Story · Young Adult · #2212216
A story of a witch and her journey into the future. NOTE: IM WRITING AS I GO...LOL
         Under the dark oak tree sat a little owl, its eyes wide open focused on the shadows below. Despite a breeze that ran through the tree the little owl could hear the smallest of feet disturbing the soil below him. He could hear the small field mouse scurry along through the high grass, the faint breaths as it sniffed around searching for its own meal. The little owl was experienced in the hunt and was poised to strike. He bowed his head his eyes locked onto the little mouse. His wings slowly began to unfurl and just as he was about to leap a small voice took away his concentration. "Louis"! *Owl5*

         Hazel looked up at the little owl that sat in the branches of the oak, "Louis, you get down here darling and leave that little mouse alone!" Tufts of red curly hair spilled out from under the hood of the cloak she wore, her eyes hidden behind large round spectacles that were illuminated by the full moon above. Louis let out a little screech a bit of snicker on his part. The little mouse had gotten away, gone into its deep burrow, startled by the figure that now stood at the tree. "Come now Louis it's time to be heading back. I found all I need for tonight." Hazel said lifting the wicker basket she held in her hands. The basket was filled with different kinds of herbs and berries, ingredients she needed for her nightly brew. "You can eat when we get home little one." Hazel said as she continued on her way to the tree line just ahead. Content Louis flew to her; landing on her shoulder he nuzzled up to her face causing her spectacles to raise a little from her nose. Raising one finger to the middle of her glasses she smiled. "Love you too"! *Witch*

         The little house in the woods with it's slanted thatched roof and cobble stone facade was home. Hazel lived in the house her whole life. Hazel's parents built the house many years ago. Hazel never knew her father, he died before she was born, so her mother raised her. Hazel's mother was a strong woman who taught Hazel many things, from cooking to gardening. Her mother taught her how to live. There was a village not far from the little house but her mother never let Hazel go near it. "All you will ever need is here at home, the woods provide. What we grow is ours." her mother would tell her.

         It had only been two years since her mother died. The illness was swift. Up until then Hazel had never seen her mother so weak. Eventually she lost her willingness to eat. Hazel watched the woman she loved and respected slip away from her, but lovingly she cared for her until the last day. "Live your life magically, make everyday shine bright."

          Her mother's last words echoed into her memory as she entered the house. The warmth was inviting from the cold night. Louis found his favorite spot, a nest of blankets in the livingroom. "Let me get your meal." Hazel said dropping the wicker basket on the bay window table. The moon outside looked large framed by the window. "Salted fish sound good?" *WitchHat*

NOTE FROM ME: THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE REVIEWS AND COMMENTS. I AM HAPPY YALL ARE ENJOYING THE STORY I DIDN'T EXPECT IT TO BE HONEST. LOL. IM TAKING ALL THE NOTES GIVEN! MUCH LOVE -ROBBIEBLUE22
© Copyright 2020 robbieblue22 (robbieblue22 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2212216-Witch-Hazel