*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2213331-Silky-Shadow-Writers-Cramp-Contest
by Kent
Rated: E · Prose · Mystery · #2213331
Writer's Cramp Entry 2/18-.../19
A dark and stormy night greeted the farming community. Thunder and lightning rattled the lands. It was the type of omen that invited trouble.
Farmer Keith Elmerson and his family were as sound asleep as they could be. The oncoming storm meant that no one was getting much rest.
Thunder and lightning boomed once more. They were accompanied by a crash coming from the kitchen. That crash was answered by a yowl.
Rosemary Elmerson jumped out of bed first and shook Keith's shoulder. It was pointless. He had been only half-asleep long before the crash.
The farmer jumped up, grabbed his musket, and ran down the stairs in his nightgown.
He surveyed the shambles left of the kitchen by scattered plates, shattered glasses, disheveled fruit, and an upside down fruit bowl.
Farmer Elmerson glanced around at the mess around him. a silky black cat's shadow was the only clue.


149 Words.
© Copyright 2020 Kent (kenabrin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2213331-Silky-Shadow-Writers-Cramp-Contest