*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2213792-Do-Clouds-Get-Sad
Rated: E · Sample · Children's · #2213792
A curious girl talks to her mom.
"Hey, mom," The little girl said tugging on her sleeve.

"Yes, dear. What is it?" The mother asked.

"Why is the sky blue?" The little girl asked.

"That's a good question. I think it has something to do with the sky getting rid of every other color," The mother answered.

"What about the clouds, how come they are white?" The little girl asked.

"I'm not sure. Maybe they just want to be that way," The mother replied.

"Is that why they turn gray when it rains? Do clouds get sad and cry, mommy?" The little girl asked.

"Rain is when water gets sucked up from the ground and built up into the air," The mother answered.

"Oh, okay. Why do they turn gray?" The little girl asked.

"I don't know sweetie. Ask your dad when he gets home," said the mother.

"I like the clouds. They're big, poofy, and all sorts of shapes," said the little girl.

"They all look like cotton to me," replied the mother.

"That one there," the little girl pointed. "That one looks like a chicken."

"You've got quite the imagination there," said the mother.

"When I grow up I want to be a weather woman, just like on TV," said the little girl.

"That's wonderful dear," The mother replied.

"I'll get to know what the weather will be like before anyone else," said the little girl.

"It's an important job," said the mother.

"Next time it rains, I'll be extra careful and watch it," Said the little girl.

"Why would you do that?" The mother asked.

"So I can know why they get sad."
© Copyright 2020 DoctorWizard (doctorwizard at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2213792-Do-Clouds-Get-Sad