*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2213825-A-Seat-At-the-Table
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Other · #2213825
What does that mean, and are you in your seat?
A Seat At The Table

Who wants a seat at the table?

Minorities want a seat at the table to demand equal justice, economic freedom, reparation, equity in education, and the American dream.

Women want a seat at the table so that they can be valued, recognized for their contributions, participate in the decision-making, and receive equity in their pay.

Children want to be recognized and truly treated as the most valued resource on earth, no longer do they want to be the last to receive fairness in our society.

Immigrants want to be allowed to melt into the great melting pot that is so generously hung out in front of them daily and then withdrawn for the slightest reason.

Christians want a seat at the table to be able to truly worship as they believe and to participate in social justice and environmental discussions.

Muslims want to convert everyone to Islam and root out any opposition.

Homeless want to be a part of society, have a place to live, and not be ostracized by those who seem to be making it in society.

Veterans want to be recognized for their service and welcomed back home upon their return, to be allowed to get the services they fought for others to have and that they need to reintegrate into society.

Students want to enter the work world on the promises made when they went off to college and got that higher education -- jobs, better pay, opportunity.

Teachers want to be recognized for giving the foundation that allowed others to reach their full potential, to have available to them the tools needed to do their best jobs and to be paid accordingly.

Ministers want to teach, preach, minister, and do what they were called to do without the interference of government and the courts.

Taxpayers want their tax burden to be fair and equitable, they want to live their best lives based on their hard work, dedication, and need to support their families with dignity and pride.

Soldiers want to know that their struggles to keep America free are not in vain, that they can count on returning to their homes and families and be able to hold their heads up high because of the service they have rendered to our Nation.

Workers want to be paid fairly and equitably, they want to be able to purchase goods and services that they need, they want to be provided with the wages needed to guarantee the livelihoods now and in the future.

In short, everyone wants, needs, and demands a seat at the table! Everyone deserves a seat at the table. All Americans from all walks of life should be at the table where decisions are being made about their daily lives and the quality of life that will be available to them.

If you are not getting counted in the Census,
if you are not voting in the elections,
if you are not getting an education,
if you are not making your voice heard
if you are not sharing information,
if you are not a part of the solution
if you are not...

Then you are NOT at the table, AND there is still a seat at the table for you!

Won't you join us?


© Copyright 2020 G. B. Williams (mgmiles01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2213825-A-Seat-At-the-Table