*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2214632-Inescapable-train
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #2214632
A man tries to go outside from the door but he finds himself still inside the train.
I couldn’t believe what happened at that moment. I was on the train that I always use on my way home. Ordinary and normal one. But something was wrong in that day. Because at that very moment it arrived at Nanase station,the nearest station from my house, it instantly got back to the station which it had left about 20 minutes ago.

I couldn’t figre out what had just happened right in front of my eyes. At rhe moment the view from the window suddenly changed and the train which had stopped began to move. I couldn’t accept the fact the train teleported and thought it was my head that is wrong. So I decided to wait for the train to go to the Nanase station again.

But I found myself in the train leaving the previous station as soon as it arrived at Nanase station. I observed many times but the results were the same. The train never arrives at Nanase station and runs between two stations again and again.

I didn’t understand what is happening but figured out at least I couldn’t get off this train without some actions. And tried yo go to the head car of the train, where the conductor is. But something weird happened on the way there. I couldn’t reach the head car even though I walked through lots of cars. And when I moved to the adjuscent car, I noticed the car looked exactly the same as the car I had just left. Then I just hit on an idea and took out my pen from the bag and put it on the seat. And I moved to the next car. Then I found the pen I had just left in the car. Unbelievably, I come back to the car when I try to go to next car. I crossed the border many times and tried various things only to find I could never go to another car. I realized I was caught up in the car.

Is there no way to escape from this car? I thought and remembered I can use the crank beside the door to open it even if the train is running. When I use it, the door easily opened and I waited for the train to slow down. Nanase station was getting closer. The train was decreasing its speed to stop. Now I can jump. I gathered my courage and jumped out.

But next moment, I fell down in the car. There was the door I opened in front of me. It looked as if I just jumped into this car. The train arrived at the station and it was resetted. Simultaniously, the door got back to the state before it was opened. I was confused and hold my head.

All of a sudden, my phone started to ring. It was my wife who was calling me. Even though the time in the train is rooping, the time outside is not, I thought. I took the phone holding a small hope.

“Hello? What were you doing until now. I remember you said you would go back home earilier than me and cook the dinner today.” “Well, listen to me. I know it’s hard to believe and I don’t know what is happening, but I was caught up in the train and can’t get out. Every time it arrived at the station it suddenly get back to the station it left and I can’t get off the train. So please, come to the plathome of Nanase station. This something may change if you interupt this situation. I beg you. What I say is true!” She seemed like she still doesn’t believe everything but feel something from my voice. And she said that she will call again when she got to the station.

After a while, my phone rang. “Hey, I got to the station. When are you going to come?””Wait there 5 minutes. I will arrive soon.” The station is getting closer again. However, there’s nobody nor my wife. “Now I see the station. Where are you? Are you really at the station?” “Yes, surely! It is I who wants to ask if you really are here.” “Oh my...” This train is in somewhere not in the real world, I tought. “Hey,what’s wrong with you? You are acting weird tod...” The battery died at the moment. Where is this place. What am I supposed to do? I was about to despair.

Then I thought. Wait, then, how about ask for help to outside? I took out a piece of paper from the bag and described this situation and write that I need help. If somebody finds this, he might comes to help me. I throw it from the door.

Immediatly, I heard something behind. I turned around and found the paper I just threw.
It looked like even things can’t get out of here.

I was running out of ideas and scratching floor of the car with the coin from my wallet thinking I could escape if I keep on scratching and tear a hole eventually. But when the train teleport to the station, the dent I scratched was gone. I have to make a hole before the train arrives at station but it’s impossible, I thought and then I laughed at my own idea. No, I may be brought back to the train even I could do so.

I crouched down. I no longer come up with any ideas. There’s nothing to do to escape. Once I lost things to try and stopped moving, I suddenly feel so exhausted.

I can’t get out of here. It is what I have tried not to think since I realized something is happening here first. It’s been few hours but I ate nothing. Come to think of it, I don’t feel hungry at all. It seems like I don’t have to eat here, somehow. I will live here for decades until I die, I guessed. Is there any meanings in this life?

Wait. Then I thought. In the first place, has there been any meaning in my life? Go to the workplace, come back home. Go to the workplace, come back home. Just like this train. There was no meaning from bigging. It was my job to make it. It used to be “for company”, It used to be “for my wife”. I tried to find my job enjoyable. But I knew I can’t ignore the emptiness of my life. And I can’t change my life in order to live.

In that point, nothing was different from my daily life. And what I’m supposed to do doesn’t change. To create meanings in this repetitiveness and accept it. “This is enjoyable, isn’t it.” “This can do good for somebody.” All I can do is just keep on lying to myself like that.
© Copyright 2020 宮沢新一 (miyazawa at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2214632-Inescapable-train