*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2214639-Leap-Years
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2214639
Being born on February 29th isn't ALL fun...
Being born on February 29th isn't ALL fun...

March 1st, 2018
Today we celebrate. Even though it's not my real birthday, I still try not to seem ungrateful. Even when my bother brother left me a note sayings "Happy birthday, you're 3 and 3/4!" He's a ####


You get it. But it's also not ALL bad! Like, today I turn 16! And, I'm like 90% sure they're getting me a dog. Because they always go all out for my ACTUAL birthday. It's great!
But the BEST part is my friends.
Every year, they take me to the place we met, and they give me a frog. Because, ya get it, leap year. And they pitch in to pay, because the place we met is an AMUSEMENT PARK. And, like, this entire time I'm carrying a frog. Every. Year. I have so many frogs.... And then I take them to our favourite diner, and they come over and hang out my entire birthday. It's also kinda funny seeing my teachers debating when to announce my birthday normal years, ha ha. But that's on me, how about you? Just kidding, I can't hear you. :)

And that's the pros, and cons, and yada yada, and that's why being born on February 29th isn't ALL fun... But almost.


215 Words.
© Copyright 2020 Buttonose (ashnay at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2214639-Leap-Years