*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2214699-Rubys-Husband
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2214699
She surely hasn't been gone that long?
Ruby slowly pushed open the door of her home, taking a deep breath as she stepped in. It has that empty home scent. She sighed as she dropped her bag by the door, tossing her coat on it's hook. She looked at the college pamphlets, still scattered across the dining room table, and smiled. I'm glad that's done with, at least. She looks about, feeling rather lonely. At least in college I had a roommate... She was startled from her dismal thoughts by a loud knock at the door. She hesitantly pulled it open, gasping as she saw her friend. "Lila! It's been so long!" She cried, pulling her into a hug. She breathed in her familiar scent, of roses and vanilla. They moved to the couch, chatting right away. After a while, Lila asked a rather odd question: "Where's Micheal?" "Who?" She rolled her eyes. "Your husband?" Ruby chuckled. "Aahh, yes, he's away." She said, playing along. "Ok." Lila answered imply, seeming satisfied. After Lila left, Ruby sat down, sinking into her couch. She felt herself drift off when a voice rang out. "Ruby!" She jumped up, looking around. "Hello?" She yelled. She stood up, her mist hands reaching out- Wait, mist hands She shrieked as cold arms grasped her. "Hello, Love."

She jolted awake, looking about the padded room. "He was here! Micheal was here!" She screamed desperately. She heard another patient shout back at her.
© Copyright 2020 Buttonose (ashnay at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2214699-Rubys-Husband