*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2214963-The-shadow-of-the-fallen
Rated: E · Short Story · Young Adult · #2214963
its about angels demons and nephilims
Chapter 1, Violet
Walking to my locker has never been so hard both Lizz and Jay were talking to me at the same time. Trying to listen to both stories at once is hard enough. Jay stops talking and gets mad because I’m not listening to her. She starts to yell at Lizz because she thinks I'm listening to her but I'm not. I’m too lost, thinking about how I want to tell Daniel I like him. Maybe I should tell Jay and Lizz they can probably help, but I don’t I just keep it to myself. When I get to my locker Marco and Caleb are waiting for us.
“Where is Daniel”? I ask
“Why do you care, Violet?” Marco said. Why does he have to act like that? I shake my head and look down at the ground “I was just wondering.” Daniel walks over looking a little rushed and out of breath.
“A little late.”Caleb says.
“I was busy,” Daniel muttered.
Caleb threw his head back and laughed. “With what?” he asks in a mocking voice.
”None of your business,” he says clearly annoyed.
Yeah, right. What did he do this time? “Yeah right, Daniel, what did you do this time?” I said, voicing my thoughts. He gave me a look that said, shut up. “ What I was just wondering. As your friends I think we deserve to know. So what happened?”
”I got in a fight with scott” he mumbled almost inaudibly
“WHAT!!!” Lizz yelled, disregarding the stares from other students.
”SHHH! You don’t want the whole school to know, do you?” Jay said and lightly smacked her arm.
“OWWW”
“SHHH! Jees Lizz you do what to tell everyone.”
“Will you two shut up and let Daniel explain please.” Marco said with an angry voice.
“okay” Daniel sigh “ Scott was talking crap on Violet becau-”
There was suddenly a loud BANG! We all turned to see Scott
storming down the hallway towards us.
“ GET OVER HERE DANIEL GOT TO TELL YOU SOMETHING” he yelled down the hall.
“NOOOO STOP DONT HURT HIM” I yelled when he got close,i'm trying to get in between them but Scott is already trying to swing at him. Daniel grabs my side and pulls me behind him but does not remove his hand, he only moved it to dodge some of the bad swings Scott is throwing at him and he does not get hit but when he dodges a bad one scott slams his knee into Daniel face. I look around. Where are the teachers why is it only us? Where did everyone go? I turned to Caleb “ why are you just standing there helping PLEASE” but he just looked at me like I was invisible “HELLO?” I yell but no one looks, its like they are in a trance “STOP!” I yell and the ground shakes and everyone stops all in a weird dase Daniel looks at me and smiles and thanks me “what?” I say I'm so confused he grabs my hand and says we need to talk he pulls me away from the dazed crowd “I know what you are” he says moving a piece of hair from my face and tucks it behind my ear.
“What do you mean? I'm very confused at what you are hinting at.”
“You don’t know, do you?”
“Know what?”
“Nothing I should have not said anything” he tries to walk away but I grab his arm, now is my chance to tell him.
“Wait”
“Yes” he says with a smile that is gone so quick when he sees the look on my face.
“ Im...Im in I like you”
“Well we can never be together”
Chapter 2, Violet

Lizz came over to me with a surprised look on her face
“Wow”
“You heard?”
“Yep what do you think he meant when he said he knew what I was?”
“ don't have a clue,” she said and walked away. That's weird she does not normally act like that, she knows something…but what?
I walk to the lunch room but no one is in there then I remember we eat outside on Fridays, I grab some food and head outside and I start to look for my friends.
I see Marco first and start walking over to him but someone grabs my hand before i get to him, I turn around to see Daniel
“Hi, what are you doing?” hey says with a smile
“Walking to the group to eat my sandwich. What are you doing?” I say with an uneasy smile
“Just waiting for you” he says in a weird way, So what with the whole “we can never be together” thing that happened like an hour ago?
“Okay why were you waiting for me?”
“Because we need to talk.”
“About?” I say very confused.
“ So why I said we can never be together is partly for something I can’t say but we can try if you want but it won't be easy.” he says kind of looking away.
“Do you want to date?” he says eventually after the long silence
“Yeah but how complicated will it be?”I say
“I don’t know but we should at least try”
“Okay”
“Okay”
He grabs my hand and we walk the rest of the way to Marco, by the time we get there Lizz and Caleb were there. But where is Jay?
I look at Daniel “I’m going to go find Jay”
“Okay, go find her but be back soon please I have a surprise for you”
“Alright I know where she is it won't take long unless something is wrong”
“I hope nothing is wrong with Jay” said Lizz
“Me too” says Caleb looking a little worried,” I will go with you” he says getting down from the tree he was sitting in.
“Okay come on Caleb.” me and him walk into the school and head to the bathroom, the one no one goes into, “
Caleb says stopping at the entrance “Wait I can't go in there”
“ What if Jay is hurt? Plus no one ever goes in here anyway.”
“But it's the girls bathroom” he says
“But what if jay is here and need our help?” I say tugging him in, he resist a little but finally he gives in“Okay let's go see whats wrong” we go into
the bathroom and find Jay on the Floor in the corner crying saying her head hurts and her eyes are glowing yellow and she says she can see the colors around us.
“AHHH MAKE IT STOP, PLEASE!!!” Jay yells,
I turn to caleb “ What do we do?” he moves me over and scopes her into his lap, his arms are around her and he is just rocking back and forth trying to calm her down eventually she goes limp in his arms.he sat there for a while still quietly shushing her and rocking back and forth she opens her eyes and smiles slightly,
“That was rough,” she said with a small grunt.
“Yeah tell us about it.” Caleb said and leaned down and kissed her forehead.
“What happened?’ I asked very concerned
“Well… I'm not sure I was okay at first and it was just a small headache and then it got worse so I got to the bathroom to wash off my face and try to just sit until it went away but this one was worse this time, there were colors everywhere and with all of the people the colors were so bad that I could not see this was the closest thing to duck into and I felt this rush pushed me to the ground, and i'm not sure what happened after that.”
“ Okay can you stand?” Caleb said.
“ I think so” she was trying to stand up but almost fell, her legs had gone completely numb. oddly I could sense it
“Okay that's a start let me help” he put one hand around her waist and stuck the other out so she could hold it. She did,
We walked to get lunch and sat down at the tree with Marco and Lizz, but where is Daniel ?
“He is waiting for you over there” Marco said he read my thoughts
“Thanks, How do- oh never mind thanks Marco” I said with a smile as I walked to where he pointed only to be alone but then all of the sudden I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turn around to see Daniel with a big smile on his face, he hands me a little box
“Open it” he says with a smile so I do, it is a bracelet with an angel that is gold but there is also what looks like another angel and its black , to be honest, I love it !
“Aww thank you i love it” I say handing him the bracelet to put on my wrist
“ you’re welcome” he says as he puts it on he has to move a piece of his dark brown hair out of his face and looks up at me after he is done and smiles, his smile is so cute it just makes me feel all warm inside and I know he is someone I can trust. I smile back
“ We should sit and eat with the others” he says finally after the deep gaze but we could not seem to break it then all of the sudden the bell rings.
“Well so much for lunch” I say breaking the gaze, he grabs my hand and we walk inside to my locker ( he's just so happens to be next to mine and Lizz is on the other side and Marco is past that one and Jays is on the other side of Daniel we are all very close together). I grab my stuff and say goodbye to my friends even though we have a class together at the end of the day and then we go over to my house and eat and play video games. I get to my class and sit down
“ we have a math test today” the teacher says passing out papers “ just great” I whisper to myself.



Chapter 3, Violet

RINNNNNNNG!
“All right, everyone put your papers in the basket by the door on your way out. Have a nice weekend.” The teacher said as everyone files out of the door and into the hallway. I practically ran to my locker. I forgot to get snacks for tonight. I quickly put in the combination and opened my locker.
I turned and ran right into Daniel .”Whoa! Why the rush?” He asks.
My face turns redder than my hair at that.”Uhh, I forgot to get, uhhh, snacks,” I say stammering over my words.
He laughs at this. His stupid, perfect laugh.”Want me to come with you?” He asks with his signature smile on his face.
I know I’ll probably embarrass myself more if I speak so instead, I rapidly nod my head.
He smiles and points to his locker.”Let me grab my things,” He says and leans down and kisses me on the cheek. At this point I’m barely breathing so I just weakly nod as I turn into even more of a blushing mess.
I watch him walk the few feet from my locker to his with a lovesick smile and a bright red blush on my face. I’m standing there waiting for him to get his things, when a pair of hands covers my eyes and a voice says, “Guess who.”
I immediately recognized Jay’s voice.”Jay, I know it’s you.” I sigh.
“Frick!” She says and moves her hands. I turn around and she takes one look at my face and gasps.”What happened? You’re blushing.” She said and motioned to my extremely flushed face.
“I kissed her,” Daniel says walking up behind me.
I looked at him like he was crazy, and he was. Telling people about our love life like it was no big deal. I look at Jay who now has an amused smirk on her face.”I-it was only on the cheek.” I stammer out, defensively.
“So are you two, like, a thing now?”Jay asks.
“ Well yeah I don’t just kiss anyone” he says with a smile and squeezes my side a little. Well that's good to know. I smiled and gave a small laugh.
“Well we better get going meet you guys at my house. I need to grab some snacks you know where the key is.” I grab Daniels hand and start walking out of the building.
“Hey, I’ll drive.” Daniel says when we get out to the parking lot.
“Are you sure? We could walk.” I say and start inching towards the sidewalk nervously.
“Nah, it's fine. It’ll be quicker,” He said, opening the passenger door of his little,white Chrysler.
“No No I think we should walk, please” I say with a worried look on my face.
“What's wrong”he said putting a hand on my arm, I look up from the spot on the sidewalk to see his face filled with concern,

‘It's nothing, really. I’m fine,” I say, and swallow back the tears threatening to spill from my eyes. Get it together, Violet. He can’t see you cry. You're supposed to be tough.
He gives me a questioning look and doesn’t say anything for a moment.”Okay. We can walk if it bothers you that much. I’m sorry” he says, wrapping his arms around me.
“It's okay,” I say as I melt against his chest. We stay in that embrace for a few moments until he lets go. He cups my face in his hands and stares into my eyes, his blue-ish brown-ish green-ish eyes filled with love.
He quickly leaned over and kissed me. A real kiss. It only lasts less than a few seconds, but it still happens. He looks at me desperately before turning around and walking towards the store.
I’m still standing there when Jay walks out a few moments later, her blue backpack slung over her shoulder. “Hey, I thought you were going to the store with Daniel.”
I look at her momentarily and point towards the sidewalk but Daniel’s not there anymore. She looks where I pointed and I slowly lower my hand.
She looks at me and scrunches up her nose the way she does when she’s confused.”What?”
I lean back onto Daniel’s car and sigh. “He kissed me,” I say and look at her expectantly.
She just looks even more confused.”Yeah, you told me inside.” She said,
I just stared at her. Judging by her face, she got it after a few moments.”Oh. My. GOD!” She squealed.”That’s great! You should be happy. Why aren’t you happy? What happened?”
I sighed.”I don’t know, it's just, ARGHHH” I yelled and threw my bag on the ground. I sank to the ground and sat down, leaning against Daniel’s tire.
“Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, calm down, Vi,” She said and squatted down next to me.
I let the tears flow down my face this time.



Chapter 4, Daniel

I kissed her. I freaking kissed her. We haven’t even been dating for a day, and I already screwed this up. God, I’m so stupid! As I walked to the store down the street I was lost in thought.
I hear the tires of a car pulling up screech and i hear a voice i never thought I'd hear again.”Hey, ‘Daniel’,”
I freeze and look up at her. She looks beautiful.



(I don't know what to add to this so i'm starting a new chapter on Violet because i wrote something on her)

Chapter 5 Violet

I walk over to see Daniel with a big smile on his face “come on dork lets go i want to get there before the others.” we start walking.
When we get to the store, we head straight for the snacks
“Okay, in and out” dragging Daniel along by his hand which was hard at first but it seemed to lighten up as we went on.
By now Daniel had his arms full of all kinds of snacks and we had only been in the store for less than ten minutes. We checked out and left the store to go to my house “ hey Vi I need to get my car from the school. It won't take long I will meet you at your house.”
“Okay I say” he kisses my nose “Apparently that's our thing now.” I start walking towards my house all alone now without Daniel, something about him makes me feel so safe, now that he is gone I feel alone.
I get to my front door unlocked but Jays car is not in the drive. I slowly open the door, I hear a shattering noise upstairs “ HELLO?” I walk slowly in the house, the noise came from mom’s room “it's supposed to be locked, mom’s room has been locked with all of her things since the wreck, dad does not want anyone to go in there, I won’t it hurts too much.
“DAD” I yell up the stairs, maybe he is home from his work trip early but why?
“HELLO” I call again, I start up the stairs “HELLO” I call in to mom’s room, it was the first one on the left. The door was supposed to be locked but it’s not now, “ Dad are you up here?” nothing but silence in response I open the door the rest of the way , I look around no one looks to be in here “but where did the shattering noise come from?” I walk farther into the room, BAM the door slams behind me I turn around fast to find what looks to be a tall man in a mask “ HELP” I yelled looking around but no one is there, he has a knife in his hand and is slowly walking towards me “shh don’t worry this will be over quick” he says and leaps at me, he has me pinned to the ground. I try to yell for help but no one comes, he had a knife to my throat and starts to press with it I yell and a piercing cry comes out and the guy in the mask drops the knife and presses his hands to his ears I try to push him off but instead, He gets flung across the room. I hear him hit a wall, followed by two loud THUD. I try to sit up and I see a body on the ground, not moving, and my mom’s white mirror, now broken on the ground.I wait, all of the sudden I hear running up the stairs and scott bursts into the room “ I heard an angel cry for help, I flew here as fast as I could” then he realized it was me “Violet” he says as he bends down to me to make sure I'm not hurt other than the little cut on my neck im okay “ you unlocked your powers I always knew you would know that you were an angel” he smiles “ A WHAT” I yelled “ THAT'S WHAT I AM? SCOTT I JUST KILLED SOMEONE” I yell “oh well he will be okay you did not kill him just gave him some broken bones and a bad concussion he will be fine as long as we get him to a hospital soon or he will bleed out.” omg omg I almost killed someone I just found out I’m an angel and this guy could actually die.
“Okay well I can’t go in cars so what is the fastest way not to be seen and get in there fast?”
“ Well you can’t die because you are an angel and we can’t fly with a limp body and you still can’t work your wings so I’m sorry but a car is the only way to go.”
Great, I have to face my one fear and I just found out I’m immortal. This day is going so great.
“Okay let's go, and you need to teach me to fly.” I say and I pick up the man and surprisingly it was very easy, oh gosh why is this all happening now.
“Do you want me to get him we don't want to over work you new powers”
“ No I'm fine I can do it let's just get going okay” I start to walk down the stairs, I feel something running down my back “SCOTT!!! What is running down my back?”
“ blood, so we need to work quicker it's worse than I thought.”

Chapter 6


Back at home now as soon as I walk through the door, the phone rings it’s dad I answer “hello” he says in a calm voice “hi dad it’s been a while are you going to be home soon” I ask “actually Vi thats why im calling the project went bad and we have to restart so I won’t be back for another month I’m sorry” he said I could hear the sadness in his voice, “It's okay dad I understand I will be here.” I don't bother to tell him what happened earlier. “I gotta go I’m sorry call you tomorrow love you.”
“Okay dad love you too bye”
“Bye Vi”
I hang up, in my room I look over the window and it's strange. I don't remember opening it. I go over and shut the window I turn around and there is Daniel I scream.
“ WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY HOUSE!”
“I came to check in on you and make sure you got home safe and now that I see you have I will be leaving now” he walks out of my room and to the front door I grab his arm.
“Wait please don’t go I don’t want to be alone”
“ I shouldn't stay Vi you know I can’t”
“I know im sorry” I say with a sad look
“You will be okay here tonight I promise” he said then he was gone.


Chapter 7
I wake up it's morning “I’m still alive”I get up and start getting dressed, I hear my phone ring I answer it its lizz
“Vi are you okay i have been trying to get ahold of you all night”
“Really I never got any calls, what happened yesterday where were you ” i ask, I hear her take a deep breath and start to speak “well I about yesterday, im sorry I did not show up, I got a call from my mom saying she needs help with something but when I got home she was not there so I got worried and came back to your house and when I got there the door was open and I heard glass breaking and you were gone.
“I have something to tell you but I cant over the” my phone shut off before I could tell her. “You shouldn't do that” I turn around fast to see a dark figure standing in my room. “ what? Who are you and what do you want?” I can hear the fear in my voice. “What I want is for you to stay away from Daniel” dark figure walked slowly to me, the sun that shone through my window made his face visible. “ scott? What are you doing here.“like I said stay away from Daniel I mean it” he said with a stern voice. “And why should I listen to you?”I asked “because it will keep you alive.” “And if I don't?” I am scared to hear what comes next. “Then you are a lost hope and there will be nothing I can do to save you again.”
“Save me what do you mean by save me again?” I ask if there is something not right with this and him being here.
“It's about Daniel he is not an angel he keeps setting up people to come attack you, well not people demons, but as long as you stay away he won’t attack you directly and if he does he is too strong for you to take head on if we are going to take him down we need to work together Violet I need you to trust me.”
“How am I supposed to trust you, give me a good reason to trust you Scott?”
“Because Daniel is starting something that could destroy are kind forever.” he said his face so serious. “Okay I trust you but the second you are wrong i will be sure no one will find you.” “noted but you are
going to need some training.” Scott said walking toward me “since I’m an angel and I’m assuming that my angelic abilities are apart of this then what are they?” I asked “well as we have seen before strength and I will teach you how to use your wings and how to identify angels, demons and nephilims any thing else is human.” I go sit down “Okay when do we start?”



Chapter 8

After months of training Violet learned how to use her wings and identified angels,demons,and nephilims and how to fight. School ended and it was the summer she had fought many of Daniels friends, soon after many people of his had gone missing he looked into it and found out that Violet had been working agenst him with Scott and started making an army and openly attacked her, then the battle starts and Violet has to lead.
The wind blows cold in my face my legs hurt my lungs trying to get air i'm not meant to fight this battle its not how its supposed to be, as I join alongside Scott and Lizz weapons in hand standing on this hill looking out in the distance I see little dark figures " they are getting closer what do we do?" said Lizz, I turn around and look at our army "wings out weapons up we are running out of time, remember aim for the start of their wings right on there back that's how we take them down." I flair out my wings letting them know it's time I put my sword in the air and fly.


Chapter 9

Mom?

chapter 10

We have been fighting for days now non-stop I turn to Scott “they are losing why keep this up there is more of us they just need to stop we can easily wipe them all out its not worth the rest of their lives.”

© Copyright 2020 waywardsister67 (waywardsister at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2214963-The-shadow-of-the-fallen