*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2215171-Apocolypse
by Fridge
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Paranormal · #2215171
meh...........
The city of Craghorn was built at the borders of a murky swamp and is truly a future-oriented trade centre. Its allure is matched by the backdrop of snowy peaks which have helped shape the city to what it is today.
The resources these mountains brought were of great importance, but they were also influential when it came to architectural designs as the vast majority of buildings have been built with rocks from those very same mountains.

The skyline is riddled with elaborate skyscrapers and they seem to be reaching higher and higher each year. Business is booming in Craghorn and it has attracted a lot of attention. New cultures have left their mark not just on the city's development, but also upon the city's identity. What historically was a city of few differences has grown into an amalgamation of differences and it's this that unites the 1 million people to this day.

It's this multicultural identity that has truly left its mark. Hundreds of concession stands, clubs and bakeries offer a plethora of culinary choices and those who feel hungry for something else can enjoy libraries, the national park, theatres or one of the many other recreational venues. And it would've stayed that way if it wasn't for what happened on March 25th 2035, when a group of demented scientists decided it would be a good idea to blend the genes of insects and humans. But instead of discovering anything, the savages couldn't restrain the fucking things and they disappeared and began converting people. Or fucking killing them.

That's how Nate ended up here. Plodding through the remains of the previously-great city trying not to die with his best friend, Jamie. Jamie is... ruthless, resilient, resisting and closed off. The chap was a secret service agent, his entire job was one big secret, which was wrapped and delivered in a small bow. So it comes with no surprise that he doesn't like talking. Jamie has a kind of blonde-brown hair, he has cloudy blue eyes, but perhaps his most bizarre feature is an x-shaped scar on his left cheek which he got in a battle with a society of terrorists. Jamie has been in countless fights, he is equipped in all types of guns and is immensely gifted at martial arts, he is an able strategist and used to command his team. However, that may end up being the foundation for his death.
You see, in the Apocolypse, there is no such thing as a plan.
That's where Nate comes into the story. Nate has been Jamie's friends since they were young, they're family. Nate Northwood would be adequately described as kind, caring, morally superior. He's an adaptive person but he tends to show off. He has dark brown hair and eyes the colour of autumn leaves. Nate was a zoologist and can track almost anyone down. He can use a katana as well as many broadswords and can ride a motorbike. Nate and Jamie fit together like a puzzl--

**BANG** **BANG** **BANG**
Jamie watched as the husk fell to the floor,
"Fucking demons from hell..." he groaned. Nate gaped at him and sighed. Jamie gazed over at him,
"What?" Nate put his fist on his head,
"Jamie... Try to remember these were actual souls before they got husked." Jamie rolled his eyes,
"Yeah... Yeah..." he sighed and scaled over a car. He stood on top and looked over the dystopian city. He stuck his tongue out.

© Copyright 2020 Fridge (fridgeboi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2215171-Apocolypse