*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2215587-Somethin-Squirmin-in-Me
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Lyrics · Dark · #2215587
Lyrics/poem combining a love story between a creepy creature and a future couple.
Somethin' inside squirmin' in me, just tells me just what to believe. Yeah somethin' inside squirmin' in me, wants ta steal your love like a thief.

It creeped in without me knowing, never saw it crawl inside. Yeah it oozed in my brain, and despite all the pain, I saw you as ya walked right by me that night. First it wormed itself right through me, burying itself right tight inside. But then it growed, and yes it did show, and I wanted to know just how high.

Somethin' inside squirmin' in me, just tells me just what to believe. Yeah somethin' inside squirmin' in me, wants ta win your love to keep.

I took you out later that night, wonderin' just what shot straight inta my life. Oh that cold cold night was just just right for a man and his bride to find. A match made in heaven, that sealed our fate to Hell. Yeah I stood there grinnin', no not sinnin', 'cuz I could hear that wedding bell chime.

Somethin' inside squirmin' in me, just tells me just how to believe. Yeah somethin' inside squirmin' in me, wants ta have all your lovin' to keep.

So I came up with a song as we went on, right down that lane in the cold fall air. It made up my mind and that critter kept time when I decided to marry ya there. Yeah I popped out that weddin' ring, and when you said yes I just had to sing. Now I can't hold back, I felt my head crack, and can't stop feelin' it spread in my brain, yeah!

Somethin' inside squirmin' in me, just tells me that I now believe that, yeah, somethin' inside squirmin' in me, knows that you've been thinkin' the same 'bout me! Oh yeah, come on now!

They say it's been eatin' my brain, the x-rays show that I just ain't the same...no no! I know I can't feel it no more, but I'm lovin' you with my very core! Yeah!

Somethin' inside squirmin' in me, just tells me that in you I believe, that somethin' inside squirmin' in you, wants ta say to me that you're true.

Somethin' inside squirmin' in me, just tells me that in you I know, that with my whole soul, my heart and mind, I really really know that you're mine!

Maybe someday we will all see, when we're way up way high high in that forbidden tree, that the brain suckers have put our minds to all but sleep, and they make us join with the Divine in the deep!

Somethin' inside squirmin' in us, just tells what, how and when to discuss that, yeah, somethin' inside squirmin' in us, just wants all our lovin' and trust til we are but dust!
© Copyright 2020 Robert J. McReady (the-transcoder at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2215587-Somethin-Squirmin-in-Me