*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2216001-SONIC-MANIA
Rated: 13+ · Non-fiction · Horror/Scary · #2216001
A game I found.
I've been a fan of Sonic for years like everyone else and always liked him.
Since Sonic Mania came out, I've been playing it non-stop and it's one of the best games I've ever played.
One day I was making my way home because I was at the shop earlier.
As I was walking outside a gaming store, I felt like I walked on something and almost slipped.
I looked to see what I had slipped on and it was a the case a completely white case with two words in big blue marker: "SONIC MANIA.PNG"
Obviously, that sounds to cliché to be real but trust me it is.
It was weird why it said ".PNG" at the end but anyways because it's a game, not an image but, no one was nearby so I decided to take it back into the store but I was curious.
The game disc that was inside the case wasn't scratched which was confusing because the case was extremely damaged.
I mean, I knew I already had the game but when I checked the game it had the DLC inside so I thought I should take it home with me.
I really don't know why I took the game home but I wanted the DLC and never gotten the chance to buy it and I didn't want to wait any longer to buy it.
Also I was getting a free game!

Anyways, I brought the game home and put it in my console.
The Sega logo came up normally and so did the other logos.
Sonic appeared on the screen and everything was normal.
The plus logo came up as well.
I was super hyped because I wanted to be able to play Encore Mode and play as Mighty & Ray.
The information card came up and it was different to what it normally said when I played it.
It said:

"YOU SHOULDN'T OF PLAYED THIS GAME."
"I TRICKED THE MINDS OF HUNDREDS BEFORE."
"BUT NOW I'VE MOVED ONTO A NEW ERA."
"I'M NOT DONE PLAYING YET."


I was confused because that normally never came up.
As well as that, the spindashing Sonic in the bottom-right corner was now gone.
I continued and the menu popped up.
I was definitely confused now.
The menu screen had a different layout.
(I didn't know that having the DLC changed the menu at the time.)
(I only knew about that now.)
I must of been a hacked or modded game.
The Mania Mode screen had only Tails inside.
He looked at me, sad.
I highlighted Encore Mode and the screen showed Mighty & Ray trapped inside a capsule, Mighty looking down and Ray crying.
I saw that two options were just question marks which I didn't know was Competition and Time Attack.
I then highlighted Options and the screen was Tails and Knuckles, both laying down not moving.
I wasn't sure though.
I then highlighted Extras & Exit which both didn't have a screen.
I tried to select all of the modes but none of them worked.
Mania Mode worked though.

When I got to the character selection screen it was the regular one execpt there was save files.
One with Tails, Knuckles, Mighty & Ray.
There was no option for no-save which was confusing; and the other save files weren't there.
I chose Tails.
The game started up, however there was no starting cutscene.
I was in Green Hill Zone Act 2, but the level was displayed as "Green Hill Zone Act 1".
Anyways, I went forward but when I reached the red spring, it didn't bounce me upwards; so I decided to just fly up with Tails.
The wall above was solid so I had to go back.
When I did, I saw something blue in one of the palm trees.
I realized it was Sonic?
When I ran into him the screen went black and then after two seconds a message appeared in red:

"SO YOU FOUND ME?"

I had no clue what that meant but after another two seconds another message came up.

"LOOKS LIKE YOU'LL HAVE TO SUFFER."
"OLD FRIEND."


Then I was in a sort of Hydrocity Zone type place but the text displayed: "REMEMBER?"
Tails was then trapped inside a wall unable to move.
I was going to drown!
I couldn't move or anything!
The drowing theme began to play and as it did Sonic appeared, flying slowly towards Tails.
Sonic was different however, his eyes were pure white with no pupils and black ink was pouring out his eyes.
What happened to Sonic?!
He reached Tails as the music ended.
Two seconds later I heard Tails scream and then such a scary laugh that sounded too distorted to be real.
Then about 4 seconds later a message popped up:

"I ALWAYS LEFT YOU TO DROWN FRIEND"
"BUT THIS TIME IT WAS BETTER TO WATCH THAN RUN AWAY"


It took me back to the save select with Tails' save completely gone.
What was happening?
I then selected Knuckles.
The level started and it was Chemical Plant Zone Act 1 and the text displayed: "TRY TO RUN"
I tried running with Knuckles but I couldn't somehow.
Anyways, I went through the start and when I got to the big drop that went sidways and down Knuckles stopped and I couldn't move him.
I saw him look down and he looked nervous at the same time.
I saw Sonic teleport behind him.
Knuckles looked behind him as Sonic pushed him down and Knuckles slid down.
I then heard Knuckles scream and then Sonic laughing again.
Another message popped up:

"LOOKS LIKE IT'S EASIER TO BREAK YOU THAN I THOUGHT KNUCKLES"

I was back at the save screen again.
What was going on?
Who made this hacked game?
How did I find it?
I should of stopped playing at that point but I didn't.
I chose Mighty, a character I had never played with before so I didn't know his moves.
Then again, another message was present:

"LOOKS LIKE I HAVE MORE TO PLAY WITH"
"THIS WILL BE FUN"


I was then in Lava Reef Zone except it was just a flat land and the text displayed: "MORE THE MERRIER"
I began to walk with Mighty and after about 30 seconds, Sonic appeared.
The screen went black for 2 seconds and then a message appeared:

"I NEVER EXPECTED YOU TO SHOW UP"
"BUT I GUESS ITS MORE FUN FOR ME"


Then Sonic appeared behind Mighty.
I ran into Sonic and then he teleported behind me.
I kept walking into him until he started flying away.
I followed him and then Sonic teleported next to Mighty and grabbed him by the neck.
Then the screen went black and I heard Mighty scream; and then Sonic laughing too.
I was surprised when no message appeared afterwards.
With the rest of my confidence I chose the last character to pick which was Ray.
A message appeared:

"MY OLD PAL"
"WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING?"


I spawned in as Ray and I was in Titanic Monarch Zone Act 2; Ray looked like he was going to cry.
I couldn't jump or spindash as him and all I could do was slowly walk forward.
Then I saw Ray confronting Eggman.
He fell over and started crying begging to Eggman.
Eggman stopped working on his machine and looked at him and hepled him up.
I saw Eggman make a hand gesture that was him telling Ray to follow him.
I could control Ray now and I followed Eggman.
I then heard a scream and then saw Eggman's dead body.
I got really scared.
I kept going forward until Sonic appeared infront of Ray.
The screen went black and then a more realistic sprite of sonic appeared on the screen and there was a message above him:

"I WIN THIS TIME"

Then the scream of Ray came and then the laugh of Sonic again.
It took me back to the save select and no one was there.
The background of Mania mode had turned into one message.

"THANK YOU FOR FINDING ME"
"YOUR REWARD IS BEHIND YOU"


I don't think anyone would believe me if I said this but when I finished reading that I felt breathing on my neck.
I got so scared and slowly turned around.
No one was there.
I know that part sound cliché like earlier but I'm 99% sure I felt it.
Then I hurried over to the console and tried to get the disc out because I was so scared.
The disc came out.
I was relieved but quickly scared again when I say the screen was still on.
I unplugged the cable and that made the TV console turn off.
Then about 6 seconds later I heard a voice behind me.

"WELL THAT WAS FUN PLAYING WITH YOU..."
"YOU LOOK LIKE A GOOD PERSON TO MAKE INTO A CORPSE..."
© Copyright 2020 SonicFan774 (sonicfan774 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2216001-SONIC-MANIA